Sign in to follow this  
That dude

UE Super fi. 5 pro... Bought it Todae!

That_dude:

It's probably caused by the high sensitivity of the super fi. and the not so clean source, I experienced this with my now dead E2c (RIP) which are extremely sensitive.

No way of reducing it? i plugged it into my ipod, zen, computer and power amplifyer, still hiss....

No way of reducing it? i plugged it into my ipod, zen, computer and power amplifyer, still hiss....

The hiss should disappear when music is playing.....you only hear the hiss between tracks, anyway. If it bothers you, you could plug in a resistor between the source and the headphone. I believe they sell them in DIY electronic shops....but beware, it's going to change the way the headphone sounds.

As the chip makers are proceeding from dual to quad core, I am similarly waiting for the drivers to go from 2 to 4...

Hold on though, I know there'll be a great debate on the number of drivers and their co-relation to the sound, but more drivers may also mean more potential...

Well, as they taught in my Economics class all those years ago, increasing the number of drivers, ceteris paribus, should improve the quality of sound. Having said that, how many drivers is enough? As it is, the housing for the dual driver UM2 is significantly larger than the single driver UM1. The 3 driver E500's housing is plenty big. Unless they reduce the transducers, pretty soon, we'll all be wearing K1000's on our heads :D

Unless they reduce the transducers, pretty soon, we'll all be wearing K1000's on our heads laugh.gif

Exciting prospect, come to think of it... :P

Whoa. After just a while of burning in, the sound really changed.....

More balanced on the upper end, less sharp. And more punchy bass.

Hearing things i never heard before. Really balanced....... LOVE IT!

Whoa. After just a while of burning in, the sound really changed.....

More balanced on the upper end, less sharp. And more punchy bass.

Hearing things i never heard before. Really balanced....... LOVE IT!

Haha.. that just makes you a happier man. :)) Give it a try on a amp after burning-in at a moderate amount of hours. Have fun experimenting!

I was actually put off from trying the super.fi's at jaben cos they had this smell... i guess its only cos they are new but still irritates me :P

What smell?

uh huh! A smell! My friend complained about a 'smell' from the Super.fi when i showed it to him on the next day after i bought them. Me and my other friends couldn't tell what any odour of that is coming from the Super.fi.

Interesting.. :))

uh huh! A smell! My friend complained about a 'smell' from the Super.fi when i showed it to him on the next day after i bought them. Me and my other friends couldn't tell what any odour of that is coming from the Super.fi.

Interesting.. :))

yeah i know what you're talking about. i experienced that too. i thought that was the smell of new toys, except that it wasnt very pleasant this time round.