Sign in to follow this  
yotiao

New toy

Cause I was new to this hobby at that time and the RCA connectors broke off...Thinking that there was no way to solder them back, I left them there...And in the end, I threw them away... :bash: That was a stupid act...

OMG next time you wanna throw away anything pls inform mei will be yr rubbish bin :P

OMG next time you wanna throw away anything pls inform mei will be yr rubbish bin :P

Lol, I probably won't be throwing anything away...Btw, Yotiao, could you tell me more about the Squeezebox? I've been reading it on the web and it seems to be a wireless thinggie? Don't really get this Squeezebox concept...Why not just ASIO/Kernal streaming then to DAC? They kept stating wireless music...wireless....music...

Lol, I probably won't be throwing anything away...Btw, Yotiao, could you tell me more about the Squeezebox? I've been reading it on the web and it seems to be a wireless thinggie? Don't really get this Squeezebox concept...Why not just ASIO/Kernal streaming then to DAC? They kept stating wireless music...wireless....music...

Squeezebox works as an external soundcard and most importantly it is capable of "Bit-perfect" CD audio streaming. Why is the wireless? Simply put, if you have PC running 24 hours with a few HDDs in Room A, and the Squeezebox in Room B relying on PC in Room A serves as 'music server', using wireless streaming it eliminates the noise from HDD spinning, or even from fan and whatever. If you don't need wireless streaming you can link your PC to the squeezebox using a long network cable, long so it's away from your PC. I couldn't hear any difference using a normal network cable or wireless streaming. Ok, true audiophiles may drag Ethernet cable from a high speed switch, or recommend to use a good 100baseT switch using CAT5e or better cable. Another plus point for Squeezebox, you can browse thru your whole music libraries by using only the remote and the interface is pretty like using an iPod!

I read that Kernel or ASIO sometimes don't work in Foobar, but I am not on windows system and not sure how it works. But if computer noise is not an issue to you, I would think you shall really look into the Lavry DA10 to use with your X-Fi, many good reviews on this DAC and it also has very good headphone out, so eliminate your need for another amp.

A few people already have good replies on your concerns:

1. SGH

2. Head-fi

Do check on Slimdevices forum, the audiophiles forum and see how people fit the squeezebox in their hi-fi setups.

Errr, I just got it, don't want to open it yet :sweat: