Sign in to follow this  
dryspell

Creative's challenge for Apple's Upcoming Ipod Video: Vision W

Don't know if this has been discussed before but Creative has unveiled their upcoming newer Vision PMP in Popular Mechanics magazine: the Creative Zen Vision W. I guess the W is for 'wide screen' and it seems like Creative has solved the poor screen viewing angles while retaining the Vision's screen resolution which is higher than other PMPs (640x480 pixels against A2 and AV500's 480x272). And now they have a 60gig model as well.

Here's the article from epiZENter.

Seeing how Creative does their marketing upon announcement, when do you guys think will these beauties be available on shelves in SG?

And if that's the American currency pricing, then the 60giger would run $780 big ones in Sim Lim(?).

Seem it before (as in in epiZENter). Very much a niche product though, I don't see many buying PMPs, much less higher-end ones.

http://www.epizenter.net/news.php

Creative also today announced a 60GB model of the award-winning Creative ZEN Vision:M MP3, photo and video player. The new 60GB model can hold up to 15,000 songs, up to 240 hours of video or tens of thousands of photos. It also enables users to transfer photos from a digital camera directly to the player with the included USB Host Adapter cable. The Creative ZEN Vision:M (60GB) will be available for pre-order at COMEX 2006 on 31 August 2006 for just S$599.00. It will be available in Singapore at all Creative Stores island-wide and online at sg.store.creative.com, as well as other retail stores in end September 2006.

Edited by redalf

tried it.....

not really used to the controls and find it hard to use.....(maybe to used to ipod style)

but the screen is big and wide....

tried it.....

not really used to the controls and find it hard to use.....(maybe to used to ipod style)

but the screen is big and wide....

where u try? Comex?

arghhhhhhhh according to a cnet asia announcement, looks like the vision:W's LCD has the same pixel resolution of the AV500 and A2. Here's hoping CNet was wrong coz it just doesnt make sense for Creative to go back to a lower resolution. Guys, if anyone can visit COMEX soon, I hope you can personally check the manual for the right figures. And as for Creative's new USB Host feature, it's too bad it not like the other portable's true USB OTG where you can transfer different kinds of files from the unit. SSMichael mentioned that only pics can be hosted to another device (catered for digicam fans). I was certainly hoping to transfer video or audio files to a small portable flash unit ie Meizu M6 like the A2. Oh well, I was willing to trade ogg vorbis support for a sweet screen but it seems like the difference would never be that big (rumoured that the W will carry PSP like LCD).

Edited by dryspell