Sign in to follow this  
Mr47

dubious home speaker sellers

Hi all, just wondering have anyone of you encounter 2 fellow wearing polo tees (red collar and black body) trying to sell off speakers off from the streets. They have a large amount of speakers to sell off stored behind their van. My father bought from them about 2 years back as he quote from them, they are selling it off from the street because they happen to have extra supply not stated in their invoices and they don't wish to let their boss to take that extra surplus of stock. I forgotten what brand of home speakers they were selling. Until today i still see them operating at boon keng, kallang. Jalan Besar area, elsewhere i'm not too sure.

Moderator if this thread doesn't belong here please feel free to move it to another section. i'm not too sure where to put this though.

The typical white-van story...

They're basically con-artists..

Scamming unknowing people into thinking that the speakers they paid $300+ for are actually $2k+ speakers when they're only $50 speakers from China etc...

You get the idea..

I once reported those scums to the police with their van number, when i saw them chatting up this old driver.

Have the police done anything about? They seem to target older folks, i was approach by them while smoking with a friend under my block. It seem like they have been operating this scam for a very long time, plus they have upgraded their apperances, dressing in so-call uniform to help scam folks.

hmm, seen many reports out there. Seems to be branded as "pure Accoustics" and some other brand. They even have a "US" website but upon doing a whois and you'll notice the website is registered in Singapore/Malaysia addresses.

They are quite successful with so many people selling them off at echoloft after being conned. Well, they were reported in some papers recently last I heard.. but I must say they are quite persistent syndicates..

Edited by viix

Believe me, they have been around for years now and despite the alarm raised in audiophile forums, their operation is still prevalent.