Sign in to follow this  
aloy

help required for my new headphones

i think forget it. i'll just burn them with my normal music. does it matters a lot what music you use to burn?

Got the link for you. http://www.verzend.be/v/9970641/whitepink.mp3.html

This one has a rather useful frequency sweep: http://www.rock-grotto.co.uk/Headphonebreakin.htm

Try music with more bass and a dynamic range. The idea is to work your drivers as much as possible in every frequency.

Oh, and if you have it, try some Mars Volta tracks. Some of their songs are enough to give any cans a full work out.

Edited by norseman

Needn't be that drastic.

Basically playing music of any kind will help. Gradual burn-in through normal listening is fine as well.

Burn-in doesn't cause as drastic as a change on the K81DJ as compared to say, a W5000.

hmmm.... regrading the pads, is it ok to remove the foam? you know, will like dirt and dust get stuck inside? then you may not be able to remove it?

also, can the pads of k81 dj be replaced?

I wish to reiterate it doesn't matter what sound/music that is required for burning in of audio equipment, just as long as the parts in concern get a workout, much akin to running in your pair of track shoes. As such, it's not the terrain that matters. However, if a freq sweep is at hand, use it but be careful with the volume (moderate please).

Edited by Mackie

regrading the pads, is it ok to remove the foam? you know, will like dirt and dust get stuck inside? then you may not be able to remove it?

also, can the pads of k81 dj be replaced?

Should be fine, there's a mesh inside. Anyway, quite a few people have done it. The pads are removable. Jahn on headfi replaced his with senn pads. Whether the stock pads are available for replacement I have no idea.

how do you change the pads and where can i buy the pads?

the pads are not originally design for the akg. they are sennheiser's IIRC. But headfiers had it fit on the k81s.

I do not believe it's available YET. The foam mod is done but simply pulling out the inner foam cover in the earpads. There's a mesh of cloth inside still, so no worrys of dirt getting into the drivers as long as you treat it with care.