Sign in to follow this  
Tristram

Panasonic SL CT 820 & 720 Found @ Best Denki (Century Sq)

Hi, saw that some friends here looking for these players too. I just bought 720 there. The 820 costs SGD249 , 720 @ SGD159. They only have the silver 820 and the white/silver 720. Not sure if the other Best stores got them? Just want to highlight the sales outlet to friends looking for these players. Cheers.

i have a 720. iirc, the 820 has longer battery life and can play additional format (wav?) ...

couldn't find the models when i was at best denki in taka and plaza sing a few weeks ago ...

i have a 720. iirc, the 820 has longer battery life and can play additional format (wav?) ...

couldn't find the models when i was at best denki in taka and plaza sing a few weeks ago ...

Plaza Sing had it when I went 2 weeks ago ...

soo.... those are good cd players i presume?

any difference between the 720 and 820?

I have been enjoying the CDs and MP3 discs and I find they play the music very clear, more transparent song than thro the Zen Vision M that I used most of the time... of course I am comparing the same MP3 tracks. I just hear a short hiss before each MP3 track plays, perhaps it's due to the Digital Remastering. And I thought only dedicated & branded Audiophile Hi Fi equipment like Yamaha, Nakamichi...etc has this sort of technology at play.

The 820 is stated that it can play longer, and it supports WMA (up to 220hrs) and Highmat. Looks wise, I find 820 thinner and sleekier. The 720 I bought stated can play up to 170hrs of MP3.

I see many of the Experts/Seniors (not by age) in Sgheadphones recommending these 2 models, so I bought when I saw it 2 days back when my friend bought something else from the outlet. I like the good clear music, which does not have to be playing at high volumes... which currently plays through my PX100 or MX500 via the headphone jack. I would love to try it thro the Lineout & IC & Senn HD495 Silver when I get my amp these few days :)

My audio knowledge is limited, so all above are only IMHO. Bring along your own barangs and listen to the 2 models thro them with your own ears before buying, hope got stock of both when u go. Goodluck and wishing all a good weekend.

Just saw an 820 display set going for SGD179.

Where? Best Denki Parkway Parade.

Cheers!

Sorry for hijacking, but how are these panasonics compare to iriver - imp-250 & imp-slimx series. Are the iriver better?

Thanks