Sign in to follow this  
Sipher

Suggestion: New Review Section

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was discussed before & ablaze's policy is to keep the site as simple as possible hence reviews can be posted in the Equipment threads & a link will be posted by the moderators in the Sticky above that. I would suggest that you guys try surfing around the site, familiarize yourself, read through the stickies & past threads. You might find something interesting to read. Alot has been covered & it sure beats waiting around for new threads & posts.

I made a null vote as well since I don't mind either way.

ablaze may own the forum. But a forum with 1 member is not a forum.

We have more than 1 member on SGH if you hadn't noticed by now.

Although OT discussions are not discourage on the Lounge please don't abuse the forum.

OT will be contained once we all focus on the objectives of the topics. And if we can't help it, then we ought to start a new thread. Is this approach reasonable ? wink.gif

As long as the posts were done when you're sober & not just with the main intent of increasing post count.

Hi Hi moderator,

slow slow quick quick slow......it was hard controlling myself yesterday when my spirit was high with spirited drinks in a cocktail run...hope to contain it today.

May i add that in keeping the thread for various reviews, could we have one sub-section that caters strictly for reviews made by professional reviewers of various hi-fi magazines. wink.gif

Tee,

Thanks for your suggestion but an individual google search will generate returns for personal consumption if one seeks reviews/articles of any particular product. Having a sub-section to contain these links is space consuming and also adds on to maintenance workload. As yet, this is my opinion and your suggestion will be discussed amongst Admin and moderators team.

Edited by Mackie

Thanks Mackie for your response...just found that there are enough links to various magazines (mainly online sites) that really provide good database for quick retrieval. wink.gif

There's also the legal aspect, they might not like us quoting their reviews on a public forum.

Posting a FYI thread linking to their sites should be acceptable but don't go overboard.

P.s.

We prefer the sober Tee batter tongue.gif

But once a while, we let our hair down....as the saying goes. wink.gif

There's also the legal aspect, they might not like us quoting their reviews on a public forum.

Posting a FYI thread linking to their sites should be acceptable but don't go overboard.

How true! I've encountered a reviewer of a popular audio site at echoloft and the President of Eighth Nerve company that produces acoustic panels on Xtremeplace. I was especially shocked by the latter when he told me his identity during our private correspondence. Luckily I didn't mention anything rude about his products.

Ultimately, all forums are public and subject to scrutiny by all who are concerned.

Noted please. wink.gif