Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Mini to RCA

here: http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=263&hl=89259

by mackie more than 3 years ago...might give you more insight as to how much interconnects can influence your sound...

Initially I was considering the 89259 for my home rig as seen below, but assuming it has "sparkling" highs, Im having second thought now since the dt880s tends to be harsher in the treble too...now considering DIM(doing it myself) with either the klotz, OCC copper, or the mroe expensive option of VDH mkii...still on the lookout tho...meanwhile, just try to enjoy what you have so you can better appreciate the differences when you do change any components...

hi fongalv,

the occ copper u mentioned was it the one from ahfartaudio.com also selling in SLS..?

try the silver interconnects lar, keekekeke :)) then after that can also borrow me to try out on my living room system. Was recommended that for my tube amp but not sure whether to try it or not.

1694a should have tighter specs as it's meant for digital audio/video application. Since RFI/EMI has a greater impact on digital signal quality, aluminium shielding wire is chosen over the less conductive but cheaper copper.

hey mackie have u experience with the belden 1694A..?

Hmm, my belden 1694A was purchased from blue jeans cable, I am using it with my DAC, so far very happy with the results, very well-made and sturdy.

' date='12 Sep 2006, 05:35 PM' post='78357']

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?show...=4581&hl=1694a#

If u did a search, take a look at his last post.. please please use the search function or u could try PMing him too! From the link fongalv posted, he used the 1694a as a digital connection to his DAC.

Here's some googling for you

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/digital-audio/index.htm

Their website always highly recommend the RCAP and Belden 1694A for digital applications..

eg Digital Coaxial if you are using DAC.

Hmm, my belden 1694A was purchased from blue jeans cable, I am using it with my DAC, so far very happy with the results, very well-made and sturdy.

Thanks...

erm...I hope you know that "using with a dac" means its being used as a DIGITAL coaxial signal cable to link say from source to a DAC, and thus does not mean the same thing as an ANALOG interconnect that either links the source to amp, or dac to amp...

just dont wanna confuse anyone who might be reading this...of course you can still use the 1694 as an analog interconnect, but its just not as suitable compared to the other offerings...

ok so when u have a DAC, u only use 1 cable thru the coxial output behind the cdp to the DAC then interconnects from the DAC to the amp.

Am i right..?