Sign in to follow this  
ToOn

Does different eartip affect the sounds for UE Superfi 3?

hi guys... i just bought an UE Super.fi 3 from Stereo Electronics today... just wondering if the different eartips actually affect the sound quality output... currently im using the double flange type which is included along with the earphone.

Also i kinda dun feel very comfortable with the way the Super.fi 3 is wear... UM1 feels quite comfortable when i tested however the sound quality lose out to Super.fi 3 in my opinion which leads me to buying Super.fi 3... anyone can recommend some comfortable eartip to go along with my earphone?? ^^

oh... and btw wad is the function of the sound level attenuator which is also included within the packaging contents???

Edited by ToOn

Hi there, i have tried the biflange and i found that it's difficult to put into sweet spot for listening. The Biflange disallow me from a deeper insertion into my ear so it will generally stick out more. I found the SQ to be much diminished than the normal flange. Also, bear in mind that UE Super.fi IEMs are not meant to be inserted as deep like the Westones do, unless your canals are large enough to accomodate the entire ear tips and driver.

I have did comparison with foam and single flange. I experienced lower sound pressure level with foams than single flange. Foams might be great for classical or instrumental but not well suited for pop/rock/hip-hop for my taste.

The sound level attenuator is meant for use on Hi-fi sets, mixing consoles etc. To prevent the 'break-in' as you plug into the high powered source. It will also help to eliminate the hissing noise from these high powered sets. :))

hmmmm.... so ur saying that the single flange is actually better than the double??? maybe i should try both out again... =)

i like the comfort of double flange but like the sound of single flange...

So i use both of them depending on my mood...

Edited by dle4e_2005

Actually i guess it depends on ur ear canal shape maybe 2 flanges can really fit deep in. or if not just cut to a single flange.

Actually i guess it depends on ur ear canal shape maybe 2 flanges can really fit deep in. or if not just cut to a single flange.

LOL! Dude, why do you want to cut the Double flange into Single flange since you already supplied with Single flanges? :))

well my ear canal is pretty small... the double flange 1 doesnt really fit deep in for me... as for the single 1 i gotta pick the smallest size

well my ear canal is pretty small... the double flange 1 doesnt really fit deep in for me... as for the single 1 i gotta pick the smallest size

I'm not sure if you experience this. The choice of sizes between Small and Medium can be a tricky issue. :))

I'm not sure if you experience this. The choice of sizes between Small and Medium can be a tricky issue. :))

hmmm... wad do u mean... dun really quite get it O.o?

Can you fit a Medium sized flange when you think you are meant for a Small? I feel that the difference of fit between these sizes can be debateable in which size fits you. I also compared the amount of isolation and seal these 2 sizes differed on me. Small could be nice fit for comfort but might suffer a imperfect seal for isolation. Well, you judge which is the best for you case. :))

hmmmm.... i realise that the small size provided doesnt fit into my ear very well as well... any recommendation???

Is it too large or undersized for you? Foams should solve your problem. :D

I think you need some time to get fitting of the ear tip into your ears. :yes:

Are you experiencing uneven fit over your left or right ear?

Edited by zonalblitz_audio

Is it too large or undersized for you? Foams should solve your problem. :D

I think you need some time to get fitting of the ear tip into your ears. :yes:

Are you experiencing uneven fit over your left or right ear?

its slightly large even for the small size... im getting uneven fit on my right ear