Sign in to follow this  
DikiDino

Recommended Shop to buy earphones?

As there wasn't much dealers that are selling the higher end earphones. Just wondering, where is the recommended shop that i can find to buy the earphones?

Like UE, Shure, Etymotics & etc...?

So far the only place i know is Jaben and Hung Bros. Any more to recommend?

So does it means Stereo Electronics does have demos available for the IEMs?

Ya, sometimes feels very helpless because there's no way to test the earphones.

Thinking having to spent $500 but dont know how it sounds like...

Check out the Announcements Forum.

Aron (aka Stereo Electronics) has listed the units available for demo. I doubt you'll find a better list anywhere in S'pore :)

Check out the Announcements Forum.

Aron (aka Stereo Electronics) has listed the units available for demo. I doubt you'll find a better list anywhere in S'pore :)

thanks for the info (advance warning) zonalblitz_audio & kehyi. what abt the store over in adelphi? do they allow us to demo their products?

Edited by basis

U mean Jaben ... Mr Wilson will FORCE you to sit and listen as he did to me. As he aptly put it ... only your ears can decide for you what's best.

Anyway the man himself will put you right at home with his warm smile and friendly advice/banter.

Stereo shopspace is much bigger and Mr Aron is super helpful too but it being a shopping area you tend to get distracted with the LCD TVs hehehe. Too bad I moved from Woodlands to Sengkang so Jaben is nearer to me.

I only go to these two shops now. Used to frequent Hung Brothers before knowing this forum.

U mean Jaben ... Mr Wilson will FORCE you to sit and listen as he did to me. As he aptly put it ... only your ears can decide for you what's best.

Anyway the man himself will put you right at home with his warm smile and friendly advice/banter.

Stereo shopspace is much bigger and Mr Aron is super helpful too but it being a shopping area you tend to get distracted with the LCD TVs hehehe. Too bad I moved from Woodlands to Sengkang so Jaben is nearer to me.

thanks for that insight Poyo. :) much appreciated!

I do have one question - how does one test IEMs? considering that u have to put these into your ear canal - isn't there like a ... erm ... hygiene factor to it? (apolgies to DikiDino for taking the thread OT)

edit: i want to try out the IEM with flanges - read alot of good things abt Bi- and Tri-flanges so think its time I gave those a go. I am using some crappy stuff that came with my sony ericson phone. (i know - some folks will cringe at that comment :) )

Edited by basis

thanks for that insight Poyo. :) much appreciated!

I do have one question - how does one test IEMs? considering that u have to put these into your ear canal - isn't there like a ... erm ... hygiene factor to it? (apolgies to DikiDino for taking the thread OT)

edit: i want to try out the IEM with flanges - read alot of good things abt Bi- and Tri-flanges so think its time I gave those a go. I am using some crappy stuff that came with my sony ericson phone. (i know - some folks will cringe at that comment :) )

I think once awhile is o.k.

Anyway, I think the service at Jaben & Stereo Electronic is much more better as compared to the one at SLS.

And I believed this 2 places offered u a better price & after sale service even though I am not their customer.

No problems ... me quite nooby too. If you feel squeamish abt hygiene. Get wet wipes and wipe them test flanges clean before you shove it in your ears. With it being semi wet, it'll be easier to insert too.

But like Jeremy said ... once in awhile who cares hehe. Dun think so much about it.

There are 2 main things you want to look out for when testing any IEM/Headphones : Comfort and Sound Quality.

For IEMs, biflange and triflange may and may not be suitable for all. :))

Lastly, we hope that your pocket can manage the price tag for something you like. :D