Sign in to follow this  
stussyking

pdcp n built in amp

impedance matching between line-out and a pair of headphones .....

pls post ur pdcp and the impedance rating of the line out . thanks

Edited by stussyking

I'm as bemused as you. Why are you investigating the output impedance of line-out from a pcdp relative to the impedance of a can? The line-out is supposed to feed a fixed line analogue signal/or optical signal (in some pcdps like panasonic sl-ct720) to input of an amp.

If you really mean to say headphone-out instead of line out, there's no need to be concerned about impedance matching. Since the cans/iem/ear bud is termed as a load, it's the power output from this socket that determines the gain and in layman's term, how loud the can/iem/ear bud will sound at a predetermined volume setting.

With most pcds I'd come across, loads ranging from 16-64 ohms are a breeze to drive but impedance of 120 ohms and more will be a strain.

Edited by Mackie

was trying to see if most pdcp can drive those high impedance headphones. ie 600 ohms ?

and so i need a portable amp ?

portable amp vs desktop amp .. higher price the better for both or doesnt necessary mean so ..

and so i need a portable amp ?

portable amp vs desktop amp .. higher price the better for both or doesnt necessary mean so ..

If budget isn't a factor then go for the most expensive, can't go too wrong. :whistle:

LOL. Definitely need an amp. Portable or not depends on your budget and usage. Why don't you go to one of the shops to audition? Portable amps might be harder since it's 600 Ohms you're talking about. Still worth a try.

Stereo Electronics and Jaben have some.

rite.. anyway i read abt china tube amps.. any opinions from those who have auditioned or owned them ?

I'm sure a lot of people have tried the LD2+.

They are having a mass order over at the classifieds now. $140 per unit.

Edited by aaron-xp

In addition, check out the views on Xiang Sheng 708 tube amp. Portable or desktop, it really depends on usage. Ask yourself if you listen to music more while on the move or at home. If it's about 50-50, then a portable amp can still serve as a desktop amp too.