Sign in to follow this  
fatnjuicy

Unsure about buying monitor earphones

hi. ive been thinking of upgrading my B&O earphones (which arent good) to something that has better sound balance and quality including noise isolation.

earphones in mind- UM SuperFi 3 and SuperFi 5; Westone UM1; Shure E3c

from experience, which are the best sounding? and has the best value?

thanks alot.

by the way, can someone please describe the sound experienced when listening to music using normal ipod earphones in comparison with one of these monitors? ive heard that they are ususally used by people on stage or something. do i really need that type of quality? do you think its worth investing in?

lol... actually... e B&O earphones are qt gd... clarity wise... i tink u tink itz not gd as e bass iznt there rt...

if so go for UE... UM1 is a all rounder tt u can try as well... :whistle:

sound wise u will hafta try for urself... itz definitely better... but diff ears give diff judgement... so ya...

go Stereo Electronics/ jaben for a audition...

Edited by metrablue

lol... actually... e B&O earphones are qt gd... clarity wise... i tink u tink itz not gd as e bass iznt there rt...

if so go for UE... UM1 is a all rounder tt u can try as well... :whistle:

sound wise u will hafta try for urself... itz definitely better... but diff ears give diff judgement... so ya...

go Stereo Electronics/ jaben for a audition...

my B&O's sound quality lacks bass, yes. but the clarity is too high i think. so high that sometimes they are painful to listen to. where can i try them myself?

thanks for your help

Welcome :D

anyway i hope this helps link

try looking round the forum before posting new threads. lol :grin:

thanks "That dude" haha.

yes i was looking through that thread before i posted. im mainly wanting to know the difference between the sound quality of an IEM and a normal one for example ipod earphones/B&O etc. cos im new to IEMs and am unsure whether or not to buy these types of earphones in the first place.

westone's um1 looks pretty quirky. do these types of earphones loop around the top of the ear?

thanks.

cheers

my B&O's sound quality lacks bass, yes. but the clarity is too high i think. so high that sometimes they are painful to listen to. where can i try them myself?

thanks for your help

erm if clarity iz a bane to u... keep away frm etys... im juz e opp of u... lol

u can go jaben at aldephi... e buildin opposite funan... look for a shop wif lotsa teddys...

if u live near e north... try Stereo Electronics at Causeway Pt...

1,Woodlands Square Causeway Point Shopping Centre, #04-08/09/10

pm them for the demo earphones 1st thou.... they r really helpful....

erm if clarity iz a bane to u... keep away frm etys... im juz e opp of u... lol

u can go jaben at aldephi... e buildin opposite funan... look for a shop wif lotsa teddys...

if u live near e north... try Stereo Electronics at Causeway Pt...

1,Woodlands Square Causeway Point Shopping Centre, #04-08/09/10

pm them for the demo earphones 1st thou.... they r really helpful....

lol thanks man.

im not the total opposite. just dont like toooo much clarity. i prefer a balance leaning toward the bass side. but i dont want music to be overwhelmed by bass either. any other shop near serangoon? what do you mean by "pm them"? oh so i can just go and try them out? no need to bring my own buds?

oh icic... thot ure a head-banger~ :party:

erm pm as in 'private message' them...

their nicks r Stereo Electronics and jaben...

erm nope u dont hafta bring... u can either used their cleaned rubber eartips or buy foam tips at a low price for listening...

if u wanna bring ur own eartips itsts also alrt...

not too sure bout shops near serangoon....

the usual shops peepz in this forum goes are the above 2 and shops in sls lk Hung Bros...

wait a min... sls iz in serangoon rt... :doh:

not too sure bout shops near serangoon....

the usual shops peepz in this forum goes are the above 2 and shops in sls lk Hung Bros...

wait a min... sls iz in serangoon rt... :doh:

depends on which part of serangoon. :)

serangoon road itself is a VERY LONG stretch of road.

if he meant serangoon central area I don't think there are any shops to recommend visiting :) its mostly residential area.

do we need to PM the shops for an audition? i thought we could just rockup to the stores and see if they are available?

Please do not confuse clarity with treble sharpness or brightness. They are not the same in definitions. No one should complain about high levels of details and clarity (high resolution) but most people would against piercing high notes and general brightness attacking their ear drums resulting in fatigue.

Edited by Mackie

Please do not confuse clarity with treble sharpness or brightness. They are not the same in definitions. No one should complain about high levels of details and clarity (high resolution) but most people would against piercing high notes and general brightness attacking their ear drums resulting in fatigue.

oh ok. sorry about that. but im a noob in this area. could you please clarify those definitions and terms for me so i dont get them mixed up next time? yes that is what i meant--piercing high notes and general brightness.

thanks for correcting me