Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Koss Ksc75 Impressions

zeph, px200 pads, how much and get from where aye? hope you don't mind if i steal your idea - tamiya black gloss paint, sounds yummy haha.

Haha! So sorry to Zeph too. I long intended to use Tamiya Black paint. Of course, i have intended to do more than that. I'm intending to use putty for ... :P , then 2 layers of Black paint job, compound the surface, add decal then finally clear coat, polish with wax to shine. :party:

I believe Theory has done the kramer mod...

and the 20/50c mod, if anyone screws that up, the "replacement" pads can be bought at kaichin in slt...i think they were $1.80(???)/pair and feels rather thick and comfy compared to the crap sony ones I got with my neckband style I used like 10+ years ago...I had to resort to taking those from airplane headsets becauseI couldnt find decent "big" foams... :DD ...

i heard my nick... haha... ok... to me, the mod bring my treble and clarity... the mid is less recess... but the treble at time tend to go a little high so i did not do the quarter mod. so far so good. but at time my driver rattle a bit so a few days ago, i reposition the driver cap and now it perfect...

Just got mine today! Dunno which mod to do, scared the treble becomes too strong. Quite comfy for me, but coming from my k81, seems like bass very light will kramer mod the outer ring part increase the bass? Hmmm...

Guest joi-ful

Did the kramer+quarter mod today w the help of my dad =)

Treble and mid became better and clarity improved. Overall mod was worth it. The part where the treble became shrill with the quarter mod was a bit overhyped though, things did became brighter but nothing to the extent of being harsh.

In fact, the treble are really tame compared to my SR60 + bowls.

How did you guys get the plastic out? I tried popping it out using kramer's method but no matter I push out or push down the thing just won't move. I'm scratching up the plastic pretty badly tho...

Guest joi-ful

You'll have to use quite a bit of force there, and push it from all 3 sides.

norseman, depends where you push it. some edges, i managed to do easily, some, i had trouble just like you.

it's a matter of slightly adjusting and repositioning the knife to get exactly at a good point to push it out, it shouldnt need more than an ounce of strength to push it, it should just click nicely out of place.

oh, use a butter knife, or anything that has a flatter tip..

i think it needs even pressure all around the area you are trying to click out of position. press on it downwards, i.e in the direction to push the grille out. (not push it inwards towards the center to try and unclasp the hook, that doesn't work)

hope i've explained clearly enough..

Hmm, to guys interested about the PX200 pads, Stereo Electronics carry them.

Take note that the quarter mod is done on the KSC75 due to its VERY thick foams (IMO), which has some relevance with the percieved higher overall bass quantity and lesser midrange and highs levels as well as detail/clarity levels. With the PX200 pads, this mod is -->NOT<-- necessary, I found that the sponge was so thin it wasn't necessary.

However, do take note that IME, the PX200 pads + KSC75 (without a properly adjusted KSC75 earclip) will sound extremely muddy somewhat, and the answer to that baffles me. I've adjusted the earclip of mine in place already. The things I haven't done's the Tamiya Gloss Black paint on the driver housing and the Kramer dremel EDIT:mids mods XP

Edited by Zephyron

Hi evian vortex, what's your take on the sound after the mod?

I'm not pro , so forgive my noobish opinions ...

OK , first thing i notice that the 'muffled' feeling of the bass was gone , replaced by something ... more ... crisp ... and the Bass thuds are like ... less clear ... with hairy frizzled edges

and the highs had a really sharp edge in some songs like ... uhh ... ya ... Qian Li Zhi Wai ... when fei yu qing's parts come in ... darn ... got quite a big shock ... it was like ... a fair bit of diff ... now still trying to fix that problem ... maybe can reduce the size of the hole ... maybe reduce from 100-Plus bottle cap to 20 cent coin ...

Done the kramer mod, 4 holes in the outer ring, 4 in the middle ring. However I left the center untouched cuz scared too bright. Listened to some Aphex Twin last night after modding, forgot which track but the highs seem to go on forever! I think enough to kill mosquitoes with it. After that I think better not touch the center hole else the music skewer my eardrum... Dunno what the fuss is on headfi though, seperation not so good and blurry light bass. These are very very bright cans.

Hi norseman, it semms you kinda regret doing the kramer act. I personally hate bright cans. Think better not touch it, just enjoy it as stock.

After some burn in, the bass starts to get louder and the highs less piercing.

However when i listened to some bass heavy songs with eq on acoustic, the bass was loud and messy, uncontolled and overpowering. Then i switched to a classical piece. Sounded GREAT. aside from the slight pierce during the violin solos' highs...

They're no sf5's but they're great for school use.