alfred_62

Need some advise for buying noise cancelling headphones

I will be looking to buy a headphone which can block out outside noise(high frequency, low etc) as long as it really blocks out the noise and nobody really disturb me.

Can anyone point me to some tutorials/faqs where I can learn all these stuff and which stuff is good for me?

Thanks a lot.

I did a search on noise cancelling headphones here but i did not see any info on noise cancelling headphones(or maybe I missed it)

A friend of mine bought Sennheiser PX250 and it has active noise cancelling. Ideal for travelling, since it can be folded and not bulky; and it costs much less then Bose :))

The bad news is these headphones dont seem to work very well and the sound quality usually suffers as well. You are better off with IEMs (in-ear monitors) that isolate much better.

^ Well, it's a good thing you didn't say that on headfi... :P

Anyway, if IEMs don't work out for you (original poster), try closed headphones, not too bad for sound isolation, though lousier at isolation and more bulky than IEMs. I personally would recommend this option unless you really hate IEMs and can't live with how noise-cancellation headphones sound.

You may like this headfi thread if you go down the closed headphone path.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200932

Edited by aaron-xp

probably true. i tried it on a plane. turned the active noice cancellation on and went to sleep in silence. can only testify that the plane's rumbling cannot be heard.

K81dj has almost as much annuation as an iem 15db vs 20db

I personally like iems, i think they're more comfortable

The bose noise cancelling system does work, the headphone just sounds like crap for its price