Sign in to follow this  
kimi

Questions on i-River H340

Thank you for your replies.Will upgreat the firmware first and later to Rockbox.Cheers. :thumbup:

Just be careful. That time I rockbox my H340 & the player hang after accidentally pressing something. Not even able to off the power. Luckily, its power off till battery was drained off. Check the player & found that its still ok after fully charged again.

Note that warranty is not cover if something happened to your DAP after using rockbox.

Just be careful. That time I rockbox my H340 & the player hang after accidentally pressing something. Not even able to off the power. Luckily, its power off till battery was drained off. Check the player & found that its still ok after fully charged again.

Note that warranty is not cover if something happened to your DAP after using rockbox.

In fact I experienced hanging quite a few times with rockbox already. When that happens I'll push the reset button and everything is fine again. Can't be helped since the rockbox firmware is not complete yet. Even so it still offers much more functions than the original firmware.

In fact I experienced hanging quite a few times with rockbox already. When that happens I'll push the reset button and everything is fine again. Can't be helped since the rockbox firmware is not complete yet. Even so it still offers much more functions than the original firmware.

Oh, really forget about the reset button. But find that the rockbox display really suck so I changed back to the Iriver Firmware. Another thing is the rockbox software is not user friendly no doubt that its operate faster than the Iriver firmware.

Talking about H340, do you use the external battery pack ?

Using my H340 for 1.5 years but really don't know what is really the purpose of this external battery pack.

I did try to use it but u need to disconnect the battery pack if not using the DAP or else its will drain off your H340 battery. Really find it very troublesome.

erm...is it really neccessary to upgrade the iRiver firmware first before installing RB since RB would override the iRiver anyways...

Please read below for Iriver H340 rockbox software installation instruction :

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main...river_jukeboxes

Just follow & you can't really go wrong........

I cannot stress how much I recommend h1xx/h3xx users to upgrade to the 2200mah battery...swapped mine sometime ago and it now still plays 20+ hours of .flacs...

Wow 20 hr ? Mine only last for the most 6 hours with volume set at 23 as I am using a headphone.

Where did u upgrade your battery ? U mean that the stock battery of the H340 is not 2200mah ?

Wow 20 hr ? Mine only last for the most 6 hours with volume set at 23 as I am using a headphone.

Where did u upgrade your battery ? U mean that the stock battery of the H340 is not 2200mah ?

You can find the batt at worcell. Comes with instructions on how to replace it. Mine also lasts at most 6 hrs.. cos I'm using it at max volume. I think it'll last only 4 hrs + if I play only wavpack files..

You can find the batt at worcell. Comes with instructions on how to replace it. Mine also lasts at most 6 hrs.. cos I'm using it at max volume. I think it'll last only 4 hrs + if I play only wavpack files..

Sorry, I don't quite understand why your one only last 4 hour.

As wat I see, u are using a portable amp. Your source volume only need to set to 15 ( using Iriver Firmware ). Your portable amp volume should be able to blast your earphone.

Am I right ?

' date='5 Oct 2006, 06:24 PM' post='82229']

For me, maybe the Teclast DAP? (just for trying though)

Or the iPod ultimately for me if I have no other choice.

But will only go for the 60G iPod 4th Gen as it supposedly uses a better DAC and it's the only DAP that I've tried that produced virtually no hiss with the ER4Ps.

Sigh..

iAudio ain't pimping me for now.

Although it sounds good.

If possible I would like another H340 with a true line out.

Fat hope, I guess :bash:

Teclast DAP - Does it have high storage model ? I can't find 20G & above from their site.

How is iAudio sound as compare to Iriver ? Are they using the same DA processor ?

Haven't really heard before.

Thanks.