Sign in to follow this  
NOback

New creative Xi fi amp !

Word has it its being released for US$79.99?

That'd translate to maybe SG$149.99 including profit and GST?

anyone noes the exact price in sg?

This is the SRP...

The Creative Xmod will be available in October at a suggested retail price of US$79.99. For more information about the Creative Xmod and X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity, please visit

Ladies and gentlemen, it is not a portable amp, so don't get your hopes up. Go to www.creative.com to watch the demo of the xMod, it will need a computer but I guess it should be a nice toy for a laptop. There's no battery powered option.

It could an interesting product but it is no portable amp. So please dipose the hope in drain.

-The End-

Edited by Username

It looks like a USB DAC with a digital signal processor (DSP).

Makes your music better than studio quality? Heh, how can anything be better than the original studio recording? Marketing hyperbole aside, it sounds like an interesting product.

From the press release

"The Creative Xmod is a small device just about the size of a candy bar. It connects between stereo speakers or headphones and either a PC, Mac, iPod, ZENâ„¢ or any MP3 player, and it dramatically improves the listening experience by upconverting the music during playback to the X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity standard - very high-quality 24-bit surround audio."

It's time for me to pick up my pen and notepad :

Dear Santa, I wish for a ... ..... Creative XMod!! :lol:

It's nice for people who makes most of their time from home. Should give it a try when have the chance to.

From the press release

"The Creative Xmod is a small device just about the size of a candy bar. It connects between stereo speakers or headphones and either a PC, Mac, iPod, ZEN™ or any MP3 player, and it dramatically improves the listening experience by upconverting the music during playback to the X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity standard - very high-quality 24-bit surround audio."

So after all it is an amp+dac ... :DD

Like bithead

Edited by Qsilver

Pretty vague statement though.

It might just be that the iPod/Zen/Whatever MP3 player is being played through line-in whilst the system is being powered by a USB port.

http://generationmp3.com/index.php/2006/10...re-baladeur-mp3

Actually if you look at the above link, it seems that the X-mod was connected to the DAP. But i might be wrong.

You might be right. From the photos in the link above, it does look as if it has a line-in jack beside the USB port, and also a line-out beside the headphone jack. Theoretically, you should be able to hook up a DAP :P