Sign in to follow this  
theory_87

New In Canal Phones From Bose

:bruce:

Haha. Let's avoid headfi's biggest turnoff, Bose Bashing.

Indeed, they do make over-priced equipment, but let's see how they make this one.

Admittedly, Open Canalphones seem like an oxymoron... :P

bose has always been pricy... coz they are more towards the" high-end consumer goods" instead of "audiophile goods"..

comparing bose to company like shure/ westones/ ety/ UE etc is like comparing nike to mizuno/asics...

(weird analogy)

anyway... i kinda like BOSE QuietComfort in the past (before im introduced to audiophile headphones)... so i shant put down this pair of phones before tryin them... but will they come to sg... Atlas seems to be the only distributor ofor BOSE as far as know...

I don't really think the design is nice... over-blinged IMO.

Will be waiting on impressions on its sound.

Who knows, maybe just to be competitive, BOSE will price this on the same level as E500? o_O;;

USD99 is the official price, though it should be slightly more expensive in Singapore. More than SGD200, but less than SGD300, that'll be my best guess...

Bose... the brand for people who don't know better.

They have superb marketing and presence. In fact 8 out of 10 of my friends ask "Is Bose good?" when I tell them that I'm into hifi. If only they spent as much on R&D, product development and parts as they spend on marketing, they'd have some of the best gear around.

One of my mates (who used to be so enamoured with Bose) just threw away his triports after I introduced him to ER4s for his long flights.

Bose... the brand for people who don't know better.

They have superb marketing and presence. In fact 8 out of 10 of my friends ask "Is Bose good?" when I tell them that I'm into hifi.

I used to be guilty of that as well... :bash:

You must admit though, that they are a marketing marvel, in my opinion, on par with Apple.