Sign in to follow this  
Bas

Higher Fidelity HF-HA01 HeadPhone Amp

vaguely remember seeing this on Headfi forum, it's a copy of a AT amp, and sold in HK. Review is not too positive iirc.

actualy the feedbacks from headfi is quite good. supposed to realy improve the sound of both ath ad2000 and w5000. onli complain is a slight hum/noise. both of the headfi buyers contacted higher fidelity in hongkong and waz sent replacement boards. am quite interested in this amp as i recently got my hands on a pair of w5000. any1eles here interested in doing a small bulk purchase to get a better deal?

Sorry to go out of thread but could you share a little on how the W5000 sounds? I've been keen on getting it cause its really nice looking and all but if it sounds anywhere close to the W1000, then I may have to forgo it...AFAIK, the W1000 doesn't sound a bit interesting out of anything that I've tried with it...

Actually anytime you need I can order for you guys, its already in Singapore distributed by Audio Technica Singapore. Estimated price, slightly more than 1K.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Shipping in Singapore? I can arrange it to be delivered to you if you're interested.

Oh...I'll take note of that. But I guess if I were to get the W5000, I'll probably pay you a visit instead cause I wanna hear how it sounds like before making the buy...

Sorry to go out of thread but could you share a little on how the W5000 sounds? I've been keen on getting it cause its really nice looking and all but if it sounds anywhere close to the W1000, then I may have to forgo it...AFAIK, the W1000 doesn't sound a bit interesting out of anything that I've tried with it...

bought the cans but still awaiting delivery (should be in my hand early nxt week). will be glad to share my opinion in due time. but i gather stereo electronics has 1to demo? cant beat listening for urself. btw, wats the deal on the L3000? is it as awesome as its rated? if this higher fidelity HA01 is any where close to AT HA5000, then it mite be the best amp to drive both the W5k and L3k.

bought the cans but still awaiting delivery (should be in my hand early nxt week). will be glad to share my opinion in due time. but i gather stereo electronics has 1to demo? cant beat listening for urself. btw, wats the deal on the L3000? is it as awesome as its rated? if this higher fidelity HA01 is any where close to AT HA5000, then it mite be the best amp to drive both the W5k and L3k.

But I'am pretty bothered by the issues of HUM....I hate that...(who likes it anyway? :bash: )...The L3000? It sure sounds good but nothing really spectacular or mind blowing in my opinion. Afterall, its not worth the super huge price difference between itself and other cans like HD650 or AD2000. Its simply something more refined and of higher build quality with the word limted ed slapped onto it. Then when you think about paying so much more for maybe a 15% or less increase in sound quality, it may not seem to be such a wise investment for some...I don't regret the buy though...

But I'am pretty bothered by the issues of HUM....I hate that...(who likes it anyway? :bash: )...The L3000? It sure sounds good but nothing really spectacular or mind blowing in my opinion. Afterall, its not worth the super huge price difference between itself and other cans like HD650 or AD2000. Its simply something more refined and of higher build quality with the word limted ed slapped onto it. Then when you think about paying so much more for maybe a 15% or less increase in sound quality, it may not seem to be such a wise investment for some...I don't regret the buy though...

hehe! supposedly, the hum is only audible on low music passages but OTOH, HA01 is 1/2 the price of HA5000. so i guess it boils down to "yous pays your money and yous takes your risks"!

your impression of the L3000 mirrors partially what i'v read. either its just ho hum or its spectacular. perhaps upstream source/amp may have something to do with that? the low impedance of AT cans require hi current amps to realy bring it out (or so i'v read FWIW). the only thing i can be sure of is I LOVE WOODIES! and the L3000 isnt too shabby in the looks dept. either :lust:

if stereo electronics has a HA5000 in stock, i'd bring the L3000 down for a listen if i were u. mite be pleasantly suprized :party:

According to Audio Technica Singapore, it is impossible to have the HA5000 in Singapore or any country that doesn't run 110v, Japan will not make the 220 version and will not sell to any country that will attempt to modify the amp to fit the local 220v as it will compromise the sound quality.

The Higher Fidelity HF-HA01 was created for that reason.