Sign in to follow this  
mrhobbit

headphones wanted!

hi guys new to the forum here. lately my old ath cm4 just busted on me so would need ear/headphones!!

haha my budget is quite low, not more than $65? around there.haha i am a poor student...........

was looking around and found some that were suitable like ath-fc7 and some koss stuff.........

any good recommendations?

oh ya i am using a sony NW-E507, so i think impedence will be quite important. quite afraid that since my player is small will not be able to drive the ath fc7 decently. any ideas on whether it CAN be driven decently?

thanks alot! :))

The FC7 can definitely be driven (in my opinion). I have used the HQ-1300 (the close relative of the FC7) and found it alright with the Zen Micro at fairly low volumes, ie 7-9/25.

The FC7 comes with pleather pads though (if I have not mistaken), whereas the HQ-1300s come with velour pads.

Not too sure... How about a PX100 (if you can get a good deal), should be close to your budget. The list price in Best Denji seems to be $80

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=60&st=0

I'm sure you should be able to get a better deal though.

As for earphones/canalphones, I would recommend the EP630.

For clip-ons, the KSC75 (I think this would be the best deal of the three)

i suggest you save and stretch your budget abit, its really of no point buying low-end products and not having the satisfaction u crave. Prevent urself frm upgradesitis.

Use ur sony's for now, until they kick the can, then you sould have saved enough money for something better, take it frm me, i am a poor student who made the mistake of buying 3 pairs if sonys before my ck7... money spent on them is money wasted. (unless u tried the rest and you really like'em)

Edited by That dude

Agreed. Some people even suggest going straight away to the flagship product of the company, saving money Though, I admit it's a long wait (to saave enough), and sometimes, we just don't want the top (though most of us will want it in time to come). It really depends on yourself at this point. An upgrade will definitely be a "wow" experience for you, but really really matters is how long the "wow" can sustain before you get curious of how higher end models sound and audition them. That'll make you find that your current rig is unacceptable, leading to more spending.

This will most likely happen, unless you have strong self-discipline... (which is not the strongest character trait of people seeking headphones... :P)

hahaha i would have to get one NOW. cause my old one is spoilt!!!! and i need something to tide me over, so should be getting the FC7, then after my O-levels work and get a better pair when it conks out!!!!

thanks for the suggestions guys!