chaych

cheap canal/IEM recommendations needed!

looking to purchase a canal/IEM earphone for a friend of mine. as i'm relatively new to this hobby, it'd be good if fellow forumers can advise me on one pair to purchase.

budget: $50

music frequently listened to: classical, pop, occasional rock band

i'm selling my 2-mth-old creative ep-630 :)) though for a gift you may want to get new. another favourite earphones of the same price range is cresyn e630.

how does the EP 630 compare with the ATH CK-32? what are their respective prices brand new?

i think creative ep-630 is selling at 40+ to 50 ( i think 48) at SE. i saw 1 at funan selling at 40.50 though, but they had very little left. it is out of stock at J**e*.

for me, i'm not very sure about the ATH CK-32, but i'm using the ep-630 when i'm out cause i dont usually listen carefully at the music when i'm out. yup. but i safely say that the creative ep-630 is a good earphone for it's price ( at least for me). only 1 bad thing about it. it really AMPLIFIES the sound when the cable hit or touch your shirt or anything else and it can get annoying sometimes. yup. and i'm lazy to get a clip.

I'm selling for $42. But you might want to get the set of EP-630 from Theatre of dreams, saw it yesterday and its in very mint condition, even got a Ultimate ears case to keep them.

CK32 is more balanced, and i felt the ep630 has terrible boomy bass(IMO). The e630 is a great choice as well.

i think creative ep-630 is selling at 40+ to 50 ( i think 48) at SE. i saw 1 at funan selling at 40.50 though, but they had very little left. it is out of stock at J**e*.

for me, i'm not very sure about the ATH CK-32, but i'm using the ep-630 when i'm out cause i dont usually listen carefully at the music when i'm out. yup. but i safely say that the creative ep-630 is a good earphone for it's price ( at least for me). only 1 bad thing about it. it really AMPLIFIES the sound when the cable hit or touch your shirt or anything else and it can get annoying sometimes. yup. and i'm lazy to get a clip.

hi, care to elaborate what you mean by amplies the sound when the cable hits sth?

it's like when you move around the wires will swing around and hit/rub against your shirt. yup.

oh that causes the volume to go haywire?

The volume stays the same. You'll just hear any external banging noises in your ear a lot louder.

hmm..is the "banging" noise significant?

You usually get used to the low levels of the microphonics noise, though it is really irritating when the wind blows or it rubs against your shirt.

Edited by aaron-xp

You usually get used to the low levels of the microphonics noise, though it is really irritating when the wind blows or it rubs against your shirt.

thanks for the reply! will give my friend a "warning" when she uses it...haha

The 1st time I used UM1, I could hear my every footstep, plus any noises are magnified when I adjust the cable. Now, the noises are still there, but I've already subconciously tuned them out so I don't really notice them anymore.