Sign in to follow this  
mrhobbit

ATH fc-7

got my ATH fc-7's from jaben, quite happy with it, except for one problem.

the headband is damn stiff, my ears keep on being "kiaped" by it tightly, feels like a clam shell.even though it achieves a great seal, makes wearing it over a long duration painful!

is there anyway to reduce the headband's stiffness or making the pads more comfortable? :helpsmilie:

The headband is made of metal, so you could try and bend it slightly. Also if you didnt know this, you could actually extend the headband until you hear a "click" sound on both sides, reaching its maximum length, which is actually used for resting the headphone around your neck. When i found out 2 weeks after having it, I felt like an utter moron.

now i also feel like one...........damn i did not know that, all thw while when hanging round my neck like a cocker chain! argh! thanks man the manster!

haiz still does not solve the problem of the "kiaping" :b2t

Change your headphone and this time remember to try on for 1 hour before buying. LOL

the "try on for 1 hour" part is so very true. better yet, if it's possible, lie on your side, running around the shop, eat, drink, yawn, stretch and do whatever you think you will be doing with those headphones heh.

Actually there are customers who take a minute or so to decide what they want ( maybe peiseh or rushing off) and there are those that takes days ( few hours per day) to decided, I don't give a time limitation to my customers, I would rather they take their time to choose than to get the wrong one.

haha. the previous time i went i took a few minutes, cause i paiseh. lol. got other customers there and i dont wanna take too much time. and i didnt know how long i can audition!

actually see lah, if i buying some exp$$ then will stay lah, but if buying something else cheaper ah, abit pai seh......... :))

and most of my experinces with other headphone shops, makes me reluctant to stay and audition(moustache man!!!!!) :))

Stereo is quite nice u can audition for an hr ( I did tat when i bought my MS2i) U can also swap ur headphone for another within 1 week if u dont like them and pay the difference.

Back to topic, just wear ur phones often, the clamp effect will go away with time. Force bending it will also work but dont over do it :P

me and joiful can take up to 2-3 hours to audition earphones there.

The first time we were there already took quite long. LOL.

Thanks aaron for being so patient =)

hahahahah guess have o wear it more often, either my ears conform to the headphones, or my headphone conform to my ears!!!!!!!

wah force bending, abit risky ah, later really break, then jialat liao :))