Sign in to follow this  
david.chew

Please update the status of [top-gun] KSC75 MO

Even the thread has vanished from the Classifieds. A search in the member directory shows that his post count is now 0. I heard that there's some bug that reset his post count. (Huh? There are glitches that do that?)

Does anyone know what happened? :blink:

Edited by david.chew

Even the thread has vanished from the Classifieds. A search in the member directory shows that his post count is now 0. I heard that there's some bug that reset his post count. (Huh? There are glitches that do that?)

Does anyone know what happened? :blink:

What bug? ;) It's not always the software that has errors, humans make errors too.

It was not a bug. It was something in his sig that prompted action by our administrator. I don't have records of what was in his sig, but I believe it violated our forum rules and regulations.

In my personal capacity (i.e. not speaking for the entire moderating team), I am glad that there is an alternative venue for our members to share their thoughts and experiences, apart from organising MOs.

But if there are members that participate only in that forum and boycott this one because of the recent episode, I urge them to reconsider if the majority members here should be penalised by this decrease in contribution. I believe parallel participation (i.e. in both) would be more constructive, just as most of us participate and contribute at both Head-fi and SGH. You can always express certain thoughts in a particular forum if you feel that you cannot do so comfortably at the other.

Ultimately, what we hope to achieve is the consolidation and sharing of knowledge and experiences, and two similar forums is not conducive for this exchange, nor does it bode well for the unity of our small but growing community in general. YMMV.

With that, I will close this thread.

Please PM/contact TopGun directly. Thread closed.