Sign in to follow this  
nightbreed

Got the new Apple Shuffle. What goes with it?

Kenchi,

Thanks for your recommendations! :thumbup: I was at SE today. Auditioned the 1. AKG26P, 2. AKG81DJ, and the 3. Panasonic RP-HTX7. Also, I plugged them all into the Xenos OHS-REP.

I tried the 26P 1st, and was very pleased with it. It sounded better than my PX100, not by alot, but noticeably. I don't know how to describe in audiophile language. :D The draw back was that it didn't cover my ears properly, leaving gaps that allowed environmental sounds in. But I was still impressed by what I heard.

Next I tried the 81DJ. Nope. Didn't like it. I preferred the 26P, in terms of SQ, aesthetics and build quality. 81DJ has too much plastic and looks...cheap.

Lastly, I tried the HTX7. I felt the SQ was almost as nice as the 26P's, but since the speakers/drivers? were further away from my ear, the music sounded like it was further away. It covered my ears very nicely and shut out environmental sounds. Most comfy of the three. Aesthetically pleasing, too. I tried the black.

On the 26P and HTX7, I picked up sound effects that I didn't catch on my PX100. So that was a pleasant surprise.

On all models, I found that my ears couldn't really hear any difference whether or not the Xenos amp was used. Could be my ears not so good. So, no reason to switch from my Dr Amp.

Anyway, I went and bought the HTX7. White. Heheh. With brushed aluminum Shuffle. And maybe an iCute Battery, blue faceplate. Nice. :lust::P

So, I shall start burn in process tomorrow and over the next 3-4 days.

Dear NIGHTBREED

What is missing on your PX100 vs the AKG K26P? It seem to me that the AKG is superior over the PX100 even though most reviewer website rated the px100 favourably? Could it be more marketing plot fr the agent? I am looking for airy & detailed sound with good engaging vocal so which headgear is more suitable? K26P or PX100?

Thanks

Marc

ballack.. i believe the hornet is a much better amp for higher impedance headphones... the bigger voltage from the 9v batt helps abit here..

the tomahawk is more optimised for iem use but will drive the higher end headphones loud enough...