Sign in to follow this  
Braxton

The ES2 trend.

No, I am working on a tight budget these days. :blush: I already have too many amps.

By "too" in my previous post, I meant that you just got the ES2, and now the Tomahawk as well! :drool: Oh boy, am I jealous!

At last received my ES2... I opted. for normal shipment...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I ordered the cable to a longer 1, around 1.5m? nt sure... but its longer than my um1's by abit only le..

anyway i acutally ordered it to be black in colour....but they gave me this..

The isolation is great! better than my UM1 with Shure modded bi-flange. Sq is great, no complaints.. since i am upgrading from Um1.. however same case as yotiao, i increased the treble on my U3...lol...

This is my 1st custom.. was really shock when i received it..lol..as its so big and heavy.... it filled my whole ear man..... At 1st dunnoe hw to put them on.... but figure it out soon later. Lucky the fit is gd for me... no nid to remold lol. No pains or anything were felt...just tat.....it is really big...nv had such a big thing on my ears.....

Anyway.... it let the sound to be more fuller also.. so no complaint...

However...now i wonder which amp to pair with this custom... dun really wish to spend too much liao... was keen on hornets..but was told tat they weren't tat impressive anyway... i wonder if go-vibe is enuff for me....

photos were taken by arron. Thanks

Edited by Kai

heh there Kai,

i think you may not have put on your ES2 properly. from your pictures, esp the right ear, it seems that the earpiece is sitting far too much out of the ear. i think the earpiece should be seated perfectly into the ear. when you put it on, it should feel like the earpiece gets locked into place.

either that, or you got a bad fit. Im sure you can get them remade free from wherever you made them.

Yours seem to have sharp edges also so you gota be carefull with them.

Should look something like this inside the ear:

IPB ImageIPB Image

Edited by Morpheus

Erm...no la.. actually they r quite comfortable in my ears and..they filled fully in my ears... Photos were taken while i am learning hw to put them on..... i had nw just figure out hw to put them liao.... and also it may be due to the camera angle bla... and also...my ears r really small....

ya..actually i told arron to reshot my right ear when i saw my left es2 was sitting too far out, but he reshot the left side only... lol.. as he tot the right one look ok... It was my 1st time putting them on....

But..well this is my 1st custom..and i dunnoe much about them...so pls guide me...but so far i find no problem le....

Anyway...my impressions were done with my mouth fully opened.......

Edited by Kai

the reason why i thought your earpiece isn't seated like it should be was because the picture of your right ear looked something like what i had (except that mine looked worse heh) when i first tried to put them on.

you see, i absolutely love the way the UM2 sounds, and when i first received my ES2 and fitted them on (not quite properly), i was horrified to hear that they were nothing like the UM2. i then PMed some of the folks over at head-fi and enquired if the ES2 is supposed to sound like the UM2 (up till that point i had only assumed they would, but better, of course). the answer was basically yes, and i was convinced that i had not fitted them on properly.

so i took quite a few pictures of my ears with the ES2 stuffed in and compared them with some other pictures available at head-fi. after a bit of twisting, i was suddenly able to slide the ES2 into place and have it locked in. notice i like to use the description "locked" bcos i think that is exactly what it felt like.

i think your picture looks closer to this:

IPB Image

than to this:

IPB Image

well in any case, if you feel that you have the correct fit then you're probably right. i'm only giving my opinion based on looking at that picture you posted.

Edited by rkivie

Yes..ya.. thanks for ur's help anyway.

Today is my 2nd day wit my es2, and when i look at the mirror wit my es2 on, they r quite flat and look beautiful too.

Ya.. i managed to find out how to put them on already.. there is 2 part to be push in to be locked. 1st i insert the clear tube den do some twisting and find the sweetspot for the top part to enter den push it in further! quite easy and fast.

Their isolation is awesome also, i can say it block out almost 90% of the outside sound even when no music is playing..... when music is playing, i just hear only the music.

It sound much better than Um2 which i had tried before... Um2's bass overpower it's treble..... but the es2 is just nice, further more it sound even more fuller, as ur's whole ear is being covered, its somewhat like stuffing the whole speaker into ur's ears. You can hear the bass wit great extension and is also very tight and punchy. It's is very detail tat i can even hear the singer breath changing... but however.. it's instrument separation isn't as gd as grado 225 lol....

I am loving them, even without any amp and they r only on their 2nd day and used for only less than 4hrs... I am using them with my iaudio U3..

With my Um1 i nid a amp to enjoy further..but es2 no nid any amp, and it's bass is tight enuff already. :wub:

Oh ya...they even have the smell of sweet.... :shocking: lol... sweet....

Edited by Kai

Hi, may i noe if u guys carry ur's ES2 with the pelican case? I find it quite troublesome to bring tat big case around and i am using the carrying case for my UM1 to carry them around.

sorry for digging up this old thread. Gotta ask if the Y juncture of the cord same as that of the UM2 i.e. I'm wondering if they're fixed and unadjustible.

searched everywhere and theres no recommandation/review of ES1 ..sigh..

sorry for digging up this old thread. Gotta ask if the Y juncture of the cord same as that of the UM2 i.e. I'm wondering if they're fixed and unadjustible.

that is right. the only difference between the UM2 cables and those on the ES2 is the addition of the memory wire segment on the detachable ES2 cables.

actually from what i know the cables are almost indestructable like UE's

and u can replace them

Thanks. I don't quite like the fixed Y juncture on the UM2. I wear them in front and they ride quite high up my neck. If I ever have the uncontrollable urge, I'd opt for a custom UE then.

actually its better to loop your wires of your um2 to your back its better and the wires are out of the way

i will opt for UE-5c also cause i prefer UE's soundstage but now i still dunno which custom is the best bang for buck