Sign in to follow this  
destiny_92

New but interested

You might want to beware of upgraditis. Its cheaper to buy a high end now rather then buying a low end and then going through a cycle of upgrading.

I think you should consider how much storage space you want before buying.

If you are into really high SQ, definitely 1 or 2 GB is not enough. I think its still wiser to get a 20GB or more MP3 player. Of course the more the merrier.

U will notice roughly which storage space MP3 player had a higher demand by just looking at it's price.

Guest joi-ful

^

Not really la bro. Flash-based players getting more popular liao but HDD type players still more exp. Different technology what.. Serves different purposes as well...

I own an iPod 5G and I think it pretty much trashes the SQ of Zen Micro. However, EQ it and you'll get some distortion. I'm using VBR 192kbps mp3s btw. IEM in question is the UM1.

I think if you not too lazy to update your albums and don't watch many videos, 4 or 5 GB should be quite sufficient. But 2GB definitely not enough, unless you just use it for sports where the smaller size is better.

U r also 14 years old? Great...Now i have a friend my age...lol....

What do you think of the UM1.. I tried out the UM1 but i preferred the ck7's base..

But i super super like the UM1 design... Ended up not buying anything...lol

How how how... I dunno which should i buy.....

The ck7 looks so normal...

Any earpiece out there have a bass which can match the ck7 at the same time looks something like the UM1

Go with what you prefer. I didn't have that dilemma at that point of time mainly because I didn't really know of the CK7. Musicality is more important to me than the ability to be analytical.

Price is another consideration, with the CK7 slightly cheaper. However, the gap is much closer now than in the past, so I doubt it's a very big factor.

Let me increase the confusion by adding in the iM716 :P, which should provide some of the ER6i's analytical sound signature and perhaps a bit of the Shure signature on the bass mode. I personally think this is a rather good deal, based on what I have heard, though I've never tested it myself.

Fit and comfort (in my opinion) is better on the UM1 and it's slightly more musical.

Cool factor is evident in the CK7 (the aluminum body looks real cool) and it's slightly more analytical.

Buy whatever you think is the one for you.

A real good thread on this issue from some time ago.

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=4620&hl=