Sign in to follow this  
metalgear

high-end headphones in singapore ?

after getting into this head-fi stuff, I'm quickly counting the cost of the hobby - of course its worth it ;)

just wondering though, if this high end stuff is catching on in singapore for modern cans e.g. GS-1000,ATH-W5000, stax omegas or even the exotic ones e.g, K1000, HE900, HE60, amps etc....

are there any "meets" organized locally ?

Our community is still relatively small, as is the market for high end cans, so it might be difficult to get those. You would have to pay a substantial premium even if you can. Stereo_Electronics has some, including the ATH's and GS-1000's; Stax's are also available at Kingley. The K1000's are out of production, as is the Orpheus (HE90).

If you don't mind buying online, that would be the surest way of procuring whatever you want, at more reasonable prices.

We have meets from time to time, all we need is an organiser!

after getting into this head-fi stuff, I'm quickly counting the cost of the hobby - of course its worth it ;)

just wondering though, if this high end stuff is catching on in singapore for modern cans e.g. GS-1000,ATH-W5000, stax omegas or even the exotic ones e.g, K1000, HE900, HE60, amps etc....

are there any "meets" organized locally ?

Hi metalgear,

I think it is catching up as more and more people aware of this hobby, thanks to the internet. Also need to thanks some enterprising local suppliers like SE and Jaben who bring in some hard to find and hard to reach eqpt. Their effort cannot be dismissed.

I believe there is mini-meet off and on among forumers.

:cans:

i have no doubt that this is a hobby that will catch on - eventually...

how many K1000's / Orpheus do you reckon exist in Singapore ?

Regards

RC

members such as gfgfmoses and fuwen both own K1000. Orpheus, Jaben has them. Not sure if other members here own the Orpheus ;)

members such as gfgfmoses and fuwen both own K1000. Orpheus, Jaben has them. Not sure if other members here own the Orpheus ;)

I thought that belonged to jaben's friend?

actually there're quite some people own k1k in sg, just they are not active in online community, thus not known.

actually there're quite some people own k1k in sg, just they are not active in online community, thus not known.

there are also quite alot of ppl having $500k sound systems in singapore, just they are busy following stock trends, making law policies, doing surgeries, collecting soccer bets, smuggling drugs, or just some old geeks who retired and dont know how to use the internet.