Sign in to follow this  
aleksandr

Suggestions to get a better seal for IEMs?

Just picked up super.fi 5 pro, having some problems getting a good seal. Strange thing is, the medium sized tip (the default one that comes on the monitor) is just perfect for my right ear. I get a very good seal.

But for my left ear, none of the tips or the bi-flange or even the foam seems to give a good seal. Either no seal at all or it's quite loose and will come out easily.

Any suggestions on tips to get/use or how I can try to get a better seal?

u need to let ur ears get use to it.. initially, i cant put on any of the tips and foams but after close to a month, i start to use mid tips and find them very comfortable..

perhaps u like to get a pair of customized plugs to get a better fit? :)

Wa Seh... Expensive leh...haha...Somemore if u r a student like me then as u grow then ur ear also change then ur customized plug will be gone...haha

I wouldn't recommend customs for someone of my age (erm... it's the same). The ear continues to grow, and though the audiologist may be able to predict the growth and make slightly larger molds, it is still rather risky for an item such as this (barely less than SGD200).

I wouldn't recommend customs for someone of my age (erm... it's the same). The ear continues to grow, and though the audiologist may be able to predict the growth and make slightly larger molds, it is still rather risky for an item such as this (barely less than SGD200).

Must go to these people to make? Where can we find them? Haha.. Do they have a shop?

Guest joi-ful

haha. Custom tips wait til you upgrade til dunno what to upgrade liao then consider la. Or if you've fitting issues with the Shure tips you're using.