Sign in to follow this  
NCMK

Help! MS1 Or AKG K81DJ

Guest joi-ful

Glad you like them. I love my Grado's to death. And I don't seem to get the urge to upgrade with my SR60 around. Cool eh? Sad thing is I don't really have much time to listen to them.

My UM1, on the other hand, gets much more usage since I listen to them on the way to school everyday =)

Hmmmm 7 hrs into the MS1. I really do like the sound from this headphones. The only thing puts me off most is the leakage of sound, too much!!! :cry: . Now thinking if i should sell it to get a K81DJ. :rclxub:

Edited by NCMK

Have you heard the k81? I've heard it's really different from the MS1.

no but will be going down to stereo electronics to try it out.

Is the set at SE burnt in yet? Cuz k81 out of the box really sucks.

Yes, they are burn-in.

Just a note, the AKG K81DJ are out of stocks at the moment but demo piece is still available for testing. Hung bros might have some left.

Just got back from Stereo Electronics. Aron is hellva of a friendly guy. Tried the AKG K81DJ, the bass has impact but clarity isnt there. The bass can sound muddy at times. And also i feel the headband to be quite short. I have fully extend to suit my head (maybe my head too big :ppth:) Still i prefer the sound of MS1. Guess will stick with what i have now. :cans:

Edited by NCMK

Just got back from Stereo Electronics. Aron is hellva of a friendly guy. Tried the AKG K81DJ, the bass has impact but clarity isnt there. The bass can sound muddy at times. And also i feel the headband to be quite short. I have fully extend to suit my head (maybe my head too big :ppth:) Still i prefer the sound of MS1. Guess will stick with what i have now. :cans:

Your head isn't big but the headband is to small, almost every customers have to extend fully.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Your head isn't big but the headband is to small, almost every customers have to extend fully.

Aron, u are the first person to say my head not big....must tell that to my gf. Lol... :party:

My head's not small, but I use at 7 only. U really have to bend the headband properly before u can get a good fit. Did u take out the inner foam pads when u audition it? That clears up the bass and improves clarity and treble.