blurgal35

urgh! too much info

i planned to get a good budget headphone for my mp3 music.. (was using some senns earphones)

so initially i eyed on audio-technica ATH-FC5 headphone, but after some research on the internet.. i found out that the sound quality is not so good, get FC7 instead.. $10 difference only.

so i changed my mind and decided to get that.. that after surfing the net for a while.. i found out that those are closed back ones.. whereas open back is better.. (true as i often listen to music at home more than outside)

so i looked at PX100.. open back.. but~ exceeded my budget.. and there is no 'donut' sponge thingy around the part where u cup your ears.. it looks leaky.. i had clip-ons earphone before n i dun like it..

in the end.. im empty handed~!~! need help guys!!

if this helps.. , wat i look out for:

type: headphone

size: non bulky, portable (coz im a gal? hehe)

brand: any except philips

budget: below $60 (im a poor student wif picky ears)

i listen: pop

others: read on top again for my preference..

thank u all so much.... ^_^

I don't know much about the AT sound signature but from what I know, they tend towards the brighter side unamped. I've owned a PX200 before it's supposedly similar to the PX100 except it's closed. It's a more bassy headphone. It's quite different signature. Best to go find a shop that allows you to test the said phones and make a decision based on what you hear.

The iGrado would be more towards the AT side.

Edited by pegasus21

Isnt open headphones all kinda leaky lol.

Kinda sad you dont like clip on else ksc75 will do nice.

For slightly more you can get the sporta/portapro. Open type headphones. Btw, close type doesnt mean worst off. It produces quite different sound compared to open type. Some prefer one over the other. You should personally test them out first.

i myself using fc7, for their price they are worth the money! bass sounds good and it has decent isolation althought it tends to sound muddy when there are too many instruments plating together. it could also be a ta bit brighter, but for their price they are really good!

dont get the fc-5........they are really.....not too good :))