Sign in to follow this  
media2368

Crescendo - From MP3 Player to Headphone Amp

Can this Crescendo be used to connect from any MP3 player to a headphone amp (e.g LDM+)?

If not, how can I make use of this with a mp3 player? or it can only be used for a portable CD player with line out?

Hope you guys can help me (a newbie). Thank you so much.

IPB Image

Can this Crescendo be used to connect from any MP3 player to a headphone amp (e.g LDM+)?

If not, how can I make use of this with a mp3 player? or it can only be used for a portable CD player with line out?

IPB Image

This version of Crescendo is designed for MP3 or CD player to portable amplifier.

IPB Image

This is an interconnect, used to connect mp3 players and amps.

So basically..

Headphone out => interconnect => LDM+ => earphones

OR

Line out => interconnect => LDM+ => earphones

Thanks for all the reply and advise.

So it can be used on a headphone jack from any mp3 player -> headphone amp?

I thought the headphone jack usually amplify a headphone, will it damage the amp if I connect it in this way?

Nope.

Hi Aron,

Thanks for your reply but your answer 'Nope' is for my question 1 or 2? :))

Will you be able to advise me the other question?

I am really appreciate. :))

-Yes

I thought the headphone jack usually amplify a headphone, will it damage the amp if I connect it in this way?

-The headphone jack is such that t has it leads from the player's own headphone amplifier. Don't worry, a headphone jack -> headphone amp will not damage any headphone or earphone.

-Yes

-The headphone jack is such that t has it leads from the player's own headphone amplifier. Don't worry, a headphone jack -> headphone amp will not damage any headphone or earphone.

Thank you so much, I have finally cleared my doubts. :D

must say that the cresendo-i that i got really makes a difference from the usual jack. The sound is way clearer( after amping it that is). But the price is kinda steep for something that small

crescendo-i is made for the ipod

The line out is better then the normal headphones out in the ipod unit but you will need an amp to control its volume. Crescendo is more for the normal mp3 players with no line out or creative players which uses the stereo jack type line out. Same cables just different purpose. I use the crescendo i with my ipod nano but i still think my zen vision line out is better :P

Edited by tassardar_

using the line out allows you to use your ipod longer as it does not drain as fast due to the fact that the volume control is over at the amp. Would definitely love to hear the diff btwn the zen line out and the ipod line out

Regarding the less batt drain, Im not sure if it drains less. The lineout blast the music at full str from the line out in both zen vision and ipod. You need an amp to actually control the volume. Personally I like the zen as i feel its is warmer.