Sign in to follow this  
mrhobbit

you guys are totally right

sgheadphones forumers are psychiatrists!!! they know that i WILL suffer from upgraditis, and they know the exact causes and symtoms!!!!! oh no...

alright cut to the chase :))

thinking of upgrading to akg 81dj's, but again, afriad my little sony player(NW-507, first gen sony flash based player, the one that looks like a lighter) will not be able to drive them decently!!! will i need an amp if to pair with this headphones??? any idea of the impedence of the akg's???

considering others such as the ms-1, but due to the fact that i will be using them for travelling and such, dont think it will be practical because of their open back design. any other headphones below $150 that are also suitable for travelling??

i need powerful booming, thumping bass, cause i listen to many bass heavy bands like iron maiden, RHCP and such :party:

once again, thanks alot, this forum has taught me MANY things, at least not so dumb and ignorant now :))

My K81s work fine straight from my shuffle. I don't use an amp, coz amp=more stuff=less portable. The impedance is 32 ohm.

yes they do. initially, they're so tight, i believe you can go bungy jumping with them on... gave me headaches after wearing for an hour or so.

but with judicious stretching and regular use, my pair is comfortable enough to wear for many hours now. you can do a search here to find some advice on how to stretch the K81DJ.

read about it already, but dont believe will have that problem as i am used to my fc-7's CLAMP!

hahah anyone here paired it with a ldm+ or pa2v2? would like to hear how well this headphone does with an amp, as i am planning to get one :))

read about it already, but dont believe will have that problem as i am used to my fc-7's CLAMP!

hahah anyone here paired it with a ldm+ or pa2v2? would like to hear how well this headphone does with an amp, as i am planning to get one :))

The 81DJ synergise better with the ldm. The pa2v2, imo, gives the 81dJ too much bass and doesn't have as much imaging. The details is slightly better on the pa2v2. The ldm+ on the other hand, has a more breathable sound and it opens up the bassy nature of the 81.

so LDM+akg 81dj= :thumbup: ???

haha howver i cant seem to find an LDM to audition........zz i dont even know whats its capabilities and how enhanced the sound is, anyone kind soul can allow me an audition? :))