Sign in to follow this  
shochu

What amp do you use with your IEM?

when i first received my ACS T2i, i thought the sound was so good, i couldn't think of any better sound from a portable set-up. so i got myself a PA2V2, at first i really couldn't hear any improvement, but kept on using it for months until the batteries ran out a few days ago.

so i tried listening straight from my ipod, and guess what, it doesn't seem 'right'. please forgive a newbie for not being able to explain properly, but the sound didn't come out, it seems dead, lacking in depth, oomph, layers, power.

as soon as i got the batteries charged, the music came out 'alive' again. so much better.

i am now convinced that amps do make a big difference.

now, i'm thinking that maybe i'm not giving the ACS justice by using PA2V2.

should i upgrade the amp fo maybe a RS tomahawk, or hornet?

anybody in SGheadphones have listed to a tomahawk yet?

anybody wants to sell? :DD

what amp do you use for your IEM right now?

i'm thinking i should stop by stereoelectronics or jaben and try out some IC too.

would i hear any difference straight away?

they open on sunday?

I use a hornet. Note though IEM are usually quite effecient so what you get out of them is mainly the amps characteristics. In the case of hornet is wider sound stage, forward of vocals and better seperation of instruments. (This are things that I can hear lol)

Guest Cruise

SE is open daily I think.. As for Jaben, u need to call them to confirm for Sunday, but usually open after 230pm onwards

i have an original-then-modded Hornet with my ES2. truth be told, the ES2 are very efficient, easily driven and sounds good from an iPod (4G) headphone out. in fact thats my usual portable setup cos i baby my Hornet way too much heh. using the lineout to the Hornet, the ES2 is taken to another level. you really ought to have a listen, i'm sure you will be pleased.

Guest Cruise

tats definitely a deep pocket setup.. of cos everybody will be pls, except ur wallet