Sign in to follow this  
heady

Creative I-trigue 2200

Bought this in SLS from a shop having clearance. After it has burn-in (2-3 days), I am very impressed by it's quality. The sound is clear and the imaging is good. Of course, without a subwoofer, the low bass is missing but it is very listenable, especially vocals.

Recommended. I wonder why Creative is not doing well when their products' sound quality is good?

itrigue2200.jpg

Edited by heady

i feel that when u tell a normal person to spend the amount to get a creative speaker when u can get similar looking (not sound) one at a cheaper price they probably wont. If you ask a person who listen to music seriously they will probably not appreciate creative stuff (isnt that common lol). What is left is people who wants decent quality speakers that wont burn a big hole in the pocket and willing to trust creative lol.

From what I remember from the news, Creative lost money for the last 2 quarters at least.

You guys are right are the perception of Creative and also the perceived value for money. I appreciate it because it was cheap and also I could compare it to the other 2.1 systems I had owned, mostly from Altec Lansing.

I tried some creative speakers today. Couldnt really turn up the volume really high but I personally felt they are on par with some of the better priced speakers out there.

From what I remember from the news, Creative lost money for the last 2 quarters at least.

You guys are right are the perception of Creative and also the perceived value for money. I appreciate it because it was cheap and also I could compare it to the other 2.1 systems I had owned, mostly from Altec Lansing.

Oh. When the X-fi came out, everyone bought them. Since there isn't a newer card yet, no one is buying their soundblaster cards (the main source of income for Creative).

Oh. When the X-fi came out, everyone bought them. Since there isn't a newer card yet, no one is buying their soundblaster cards (the main source of income for Creative).

No market I would say... these days the on board HD audio chip is good enough for most common tasks like music, movie, game, etc. So most people don't see the reason to spent more money on High End sound card.

Their sound blaster is not good enough for professional. Professional need more. For example 48 VDC to power professional microphone, etc.

For us, if we want good music, why turn on PC with all the fans noise? Just use our portables or desktop hi fi gear :) Which one do you prefer, spend the money for sound card or for portable gear? Unless you have budget for both :))

No or very little market.

Edited by bpribadi

Hi bpribadi. And Creative is still not doing well in the DAP market, despite being first to market one. How like that?

On another note, I found out the normal price of this speaker is S$89 in Courts. Yikes!

Hi bpribadi. And Creative is still not doing well in the DAP market, despite being first to market one. How like that?

On another note, I found out the normal price of this speaker is S$89 in Courts. Yikes!

Someone said, brands always come from Europe and US.

Creative is actually, a few years back, was really 'creative' in their R&D, but not creative enough, even until now, in the marketing side. They are trying to sell products, not creating lifestyle like Apple. So, I would say if their marketing want to be successful, they need to concentrate to establish their brand as lifestyle, as well as improving their product design and website.

My2Cents :)

Yup I think the biggest problem with creative is not the quality of their product but the branding and design. The whole point in personal electronics is not whole can push the price the lowest with most function, but its the creation of the need for people to buy them may it be a form of personal enjoyment or status. Last time (doesnt apply now lol) when apple launch the IPod, it was marketted as the IN Thing. With a big brand + one of the better design in the market + absolutely brillaint marketing strats, they created the need in the ppl to want them as a player and to show off (if you look at MP3 players at that time, Ipod was a crazily overpriced hardware). Creative fails cause its marketting is pure bad and the design sure needs major improvement. The fact is most ppl out there have no idea what specs mean to them, what function such as mic, recording, radio means to them, but instead looks at the design, protability and does it fullfill their needs. I think if you give almost anyone a choice, Ipod video vs Zen Vision M, Ipod video will win hands down.

Because the iPod is much easily on the eyes and is lighter and smaller. Users don't want an ugly looking player packed with features they'll never use. Take the radio for example. How many people with a 20-60gigs of music really use the radio? How many people who buy Creative because all these features look good on paper actually use them in the end? Ultimately the iPod has the ease of use that many older people want, coupled with the minimalistic sleek design that the younger people like.