Sign in to follow this  
heady

Wanna joint buy amp kits from 41hz.com? **CLOSED**

Hi, I am getting some amp kits from 41Hz (www.41hz.com). I am willing to accept others who want to join my order, to reduce shipping cost. I will do the ordering and pay first but I will need a deposit upfront. Payment via ATM transfer. Ideally, you can collect your items from Tampines MRT.

I have done this before with ckng and kross. They can vouch that I am fair. Anyone interested, please PM me with your e-mail and details of the product you want.

You can read about the amp5 which ckng and I have finished but kross is completing soon (c'mon kross!) here : http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5854

DATELINE FOR JOINING : 17 Jan 2007 midnight.

** CHANGE ** Sorry - due to lack of interest, this group buy offer will closed at 8pm today, Sunday 14 Jan.

Edited by heady

Hi, I am getting some amp kits from 41Hz (www.41hz.com). I am willing to accept others who want to join my order, to reduce shipping cost. I will do the ordering and pay first but I will need a deposit upfront. Payment via ATM transfer. Ideally, you can collect your items from Tampines MRT.

I have done this before with ckng and kross. They can vouch that I am fair. Anyone interested, please PM me with your e-mail and details of the product you want.

You can read about the amp5 which ckng and I have finished but kross is completing soon (c'mon kross!) here : http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=5854

Wah, which kit are you looking at now?

Yeah, c'mon kross, you are the last one :P

Regards

CK

Wah, which kit are you looking at now?

Yeah, c'mon kross, you are the last one :P

Regards

CK

Giving myself an early birthday present, splurging on your idea :D - two monobloc amp5. Will also get a amp32ps just for the fun of it.

I found the instructions on the forum, the bridging only involved one resistor, I thought there were more to do. My mistake when I thought the instructions were more involved.

Edited by heady

Giving myself an early birthday present, splurging on your idea :D - two monobloc amp5. Will also get a amp32ps just for the fun of it.

I found the instructions on the forum, the bridging only involved one resistor, I thought there were more to do. My mistake when I thought the instructions were more involved.

Sounds good. Let us know how it goes. I'll live with this AMP5 for a while more before building another. Casework quite siong. Probably add in half a SOHA as tube-preamp and see how it goes first. :P

Regards

CK

haha...looks like still the same old guys (us) replying...I am sorry that I am the last one...really muz get the momentum starting....really slow..

haha...looks like still the same old guys (us) replying...I am sorry that I am the last one...really muz get the momentum starting....really slow..

Looks like no one else interested liao. :P I was procrastinating building mine too, until that long weekend when I was free. And just nice that I saw and bought the case from Well Audio.

Regards

CK

Looks like no one else interested liao. :P I was procrastinating building mine too, until that long weekend when I was free. And just nice that I saw and bought the case from Well Audio.

Regards

CK

Yah, you are right, CK. Not a single other person interested. :think: So, I shall proceed to purchase tonight. :dance:

Edited by heady

btw, monoblocks can drastically improve the SQ??

I haven't even complete my first one so I don't think I can commit now...you buying because of those rumors (or facts?) that it is closing soon??

Facts, company (Tripath) looking for buyer already but Jan said got plenty of chips still. I liked this amp a lot, so don't mind pop a little dough and get extra pcb, then can also try doing monobloc. Actually the current amp5 already very good. I expect the monoblocs only difference will be with orchestra music, during the crescendo. This is the only short-coming of the current amp I can hear.

Edited by heady

In case anyone interested, I finally ordered another amp5 and one each of amp6 and amp6Basic. The latter two just for fun. These kits are fun to built, no need to source for components except transformer and case.

In case anyone interested, I finally ordered another amp5 and one each of amp6 and amp6Basic. The latter two just for fun. These kits are fun to built, no need to source for components except transformer and case.

Most importantly they sound good. :))

Regards

CK