Sign in to follow this  
a6laze

Attaching portable amp to ipod.

I want to attach my portable amp to my ipod so I can handle them as one unit. Any idea how?

I've seen people using velcro straps or rubber bands. But I lean more towards using rubber bands because velcro straps are too thick and they block out part of the click wheel.

Does anyone know where to get these rubber bands? (not those typical red, thin rubber bands; the thicker type)

Thanks heaps.

Stationery shops have them, esp those catering to offices. Or make friends with your postman when he delivers mail to your home. Mail is banded with those thick rubber bands. :)

Cheers.

Guest Cruise

if u are in the army, u might wanna try those black rubber bands used for the helmets and webbings.. or u can try looking around at Beach Road for different sizes..

Hey let me share with u...Muahaha...

What i did was to make a casing myself. This way, it looks nicer and it will also keep your ipod safe from scratches. Haha..

Eh u need some art cardboard which u can get from any art shops. Theres one at Bras Basah complex. Its called arts friend i tink. i bought my there.

measure and cut out 2 strip of cardboard. Fold it into a staple bullet shape. |__|. Lets take this to be the staple bullet shape. See that two side there? those two will cover the sides of the amp. so if u have two of this, u will cover the top, the two sides and the bot. Leaving two holes which is for the wires and volume control. Get it?

then above this, make a _i--i_ shape. withoutout the "dot" of the "i" . This is for the nano.

Basically, the amp and ipod can slide in and out of the case. If u dun find it safe, u can put a strip of vulcro on the top of it. So that there is somekind of friction.

Tadah,.... u have a self made case which u can spray paint and write something on....haha cool eh...

If u still dunno how to do it.. eh then i make for u u pay me lorh...haha also can....haha but making it urself will make u appreciate it more... happy doing it...so for not having any pics.....=))