Sign in to follow this  
tassardar_

w950i

Got the w950i walkman phone. Listen to it and compared to my zen vision this is what I felt. The bass feels slightly bloated and the music is kinda flat. This problems can be reduced by using an Amp. Hmmp still though better then most mp3 player phones. Hope there will be better software to listen music with as its the first walkman phone running on symbion and uiq3 Listen it through hornet amp and UM2.

The Good point though:

4GB internal mem

Video player with a gd screen. Sharp enough to see anime fan sub subtitles lol.

Music on par with basic mp3 players

The bad:

Slow boot up

Slow response

PLENTY OF HISSING (Amp required!)

**Edited Post as I didnt notice my hornet was runnign low leading to some misconception lol**

Edited by tassardar_

Phone mp3 player still has a long way to go.

The other day I just listened to my W900i and though it's quite fine, it still doesn't come any close to my Sony NW-HD5

Actually after hearing some time. The biggest problem is between songs theres this crackle sound. Other then tat it pars almost an mp3 player. w950i compared to most other phone mp3 players are one step above though

how you know it's one step above most others?

have u heard many other models to make such a statement? :)

I know even in SE's own lineup, different models vary in sound quality.

edit: nothing personal, just wondering about your statement :D .. cheers

Edited by Blues

Heard the w800 and w850 series phones. w900i not yet lol. Tried nokia n91 too hmmp. Some pda phones add into the pack. Haven heard the samsung mp3 phones though mmm. Motorola a few of their E series and rokr.

One thing abt nokia phones, they have a direct headphone jack which is kinda good. SQ is different but models have been getting better as time passed. Compared to the first few generation of expandable mem mp3 phones.

yeah direct headphone jack is a better idea. SE should've implemented it if they're serious about 'walkman' phones.