Sign in to follow this  
championboxer

Need Advice: Headphones for ipod

hi peeps...

need your opinions and recommendations...

had Shure's e2c.... after some time.. felt kinda uncomfortable for ears.. so

moved to Senn's PX200

had chance to try friend's Bose QC3..

was surprised by the noise cancelling.... and of cse the $ too...

so thinking to upgrade my headphones...

genre of music - light/jazzy.... christian music..

looking for something which iPod can drive easily..

anyone care to recommend their choice of headphones?

Bose is not really highly regarded in the headphone world (and the speaker world as well), mainly because there are products for cheaper and yet offer better performance.

Not too sure about Sennheiser noise cancellation headphones, but the general feedback is that they are decent for cheaper than the QuietComforts.

Another choice would be canalphones (not IEMs, since you don't really find them comfortable), like the EP630, or slightly higher end, ie. V-Moda, CK7, CX300. They isolate quite a bit (less than IEMs) but sit on the outer part of the ear canal, and are thus less uncomfortable to those who don't like IEMs.

As for IEMs, you may want to try the UM1. Should be slightly more comfortable than the E2 (to me). Ear tips play a part. Foam and grey flex tips are usually the most comfortable. (excluding custom ear-mold tips).

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what's the budget?

Edited by aaron-xp

Bose is not really highly regarded in the headphone world (and the speaker world as well), mainly because there are products for cheaper and yet offer better performance.

Not too sure about Sennheiser noise cancellation headphones, but the general feedback is that they are decent for cheaper than the QuietComforts.

Another choice would be canalphones (not IEMs, since you don't really find them comfortable), like the EP630, or slightly higher end, ie. V-Moda, CK7, CX300. They isolate quite a bit (less than IEMs) but sit on the outer part of the ear canal, and are thus less uncomfortable to those who don't like IEMs.

As for IEMs, you may want to try the UM1. Should be slightly more comfortable than the E2 (to me). Ear tips play a part. Foam and grey flex tips are usually the most comfortable. (excluding custom ear-mold tips).

EDIT: Forgot to ask, what's the budget?

hi...

how would canalphones look like? any links?

was thinking of headphones.... the only thing is the size (which i am ok abt) and if its comfortable with a specs...

willing to pay no more than 250-300.

Probably can try the HD-280 pro, pretty big but comfortable, provides isolation

the only thing is that it may suck ur batt quite fast due to its relative high resistance( can get an amp to go along)

There are many amps out there e.g. Xenos, GoVibe 5/s, Xtra X1, C&C box, LDM+. Its a matter of a sound that you like. You can try them out at SE & Jaben.

Those mentioned are mid range - low end ones. If you're looking for higher end ones. e.g. Portaphile, Tomahawk etc etc, have to get them imported.

Edited by sHaRkKaE

hm for a budget of 300 i would say a 2nd hand um1 with custom molds.

the ultimate for comfort.

or if you can stretch your budget by abt 60 more you'd be able to get a new um1 with warranty.

u can also try Super Fi 3 or 5 pro. they have the best sound at that price range (to my ears) and they dun insert as deep as shure or westone

Yo Champion Boxer....

why are you thinking of getting an upgrade? what is it about the PX200 that you do not like? That way, it might paint a better pic for us to recommend you something.