Sign in to follow this  
heady

OVC T11 and T20

Went down to Jaben and auditioned the OVC T20 and T11. I didn't like the demo T20 sound at all, it sounded very coloured and not at all like the one gahmen was using. I liked the T11 straight away. Anyway, given that gahmen cannot recommend rubbish, I bought both to try out.

This is my initial impression after a few hours of listening, given my inexperience with iems. They do not need long hours of breaking in. And their fit was the best yet for iems I have tried.

T11 - has a warm sound and yet has details in the treble. The bass is also more obvious. The warmth gives vocals a nice sound. I can listen to this forever. Nice metal like housing and good grip to remove.

T20 - has a "colder" sound than the T11. Sounds very detailed. I would say this is considered neutral by most people, ie neither warm nor bright but some will prefer the warmer sound of the T11. People who like to hear every instrument playing will like this iem. Even the breathing of the singers was clearly audible. Plastic housing which looks good but a little hard to grip to remove. Maybe my fingers are just too big.

I listened to the two iem without amplification and the DAP is a Creative Zen Plus, the music used was the Best Audiophile Voices CD 4.

So which do I prefer? Both. Like a true Singaporean, I want my cake and eat it. If you want a budget iem which sound good, you owe it to yourself to try out these phones. Jaben is located in Adelphi and Wilson is the man to ask for. Please note that I am in no way related with/to Jaben or Wilson, except as a customer.

yeah, clemo, that's a good price. But I could audition before I buy, so don't mind paying more lah. Give the man a chance to make a living. Cheers :)

For sure heady.

But for dudes with only 30 dollars in hand, this would make a really good iem.

Cheers,

clemo

yeah, clemo, that's a good price. But I could audition before I buy, so don't mind paying more lah. Give the man a chance to make a living. Cheers :)

You've got my deepest respect!!! A person of integrity no doubt, you are...hmm...

*salutes

You've got my deepest respect!!! A person of integrity no doubt, you are...hmm...

*salutes

C'mon man, I also work for a living, so I know it's not easy plus Wilson is a real nice guy.Not like I spend lots of money in Jaben. Only two iems. But I totally understand those who are still students or NSF and want to save as much as possible.

Now, what I don't understand is, kids and students spending big bucks on phones and amps. Sometimes, I almost wish I had parents like theirs...... but no, just joking my parents were great. :) It's not their fault we were dirt poor when I was a kid.

hahaha i dont have rich parents.

in fact my mom thinks i am nuts to spend on stuff like these

'she still doesnt know i bought the LDM+ and am planning to get the ms-1' :whistle:

obviously she doesnt finance me............i get all the money i spent on these by working and saving, and saving, and saving.

so not every kid out there who spends bucks on cans and amps are financed by their parents! :angry:

hahaha i dont have rich parents.

in fact my mom thinks i am nuts to spend on stuff like these

'she still doesnt know i bought the LDM+ and am planning to get the ms-1' :whistle:

obviously she doesnt finance me............i get all the money i spent on these by working and saving, and saving, and saving.

so not every kid out there who spends bucks on cans and amps are financed by their parents! :angry:

Ooops sorry, mrhobbit, if you work to earn for your hobby, then you have my respect!

I bought a pair of t11 unheard for my sis, had a long listen and didn't like it. Sounds too congested and closed in, even through my GV5.

I bought a pair of t11 unheard for my sis, had a long listen and didn't like it. Sounds too congested and closed in, even through my GV5.

Maybe I have lousy ears. But seriously, I listened to a pair of demo T20 in Jaben and it was very coloured. I bought one pair anyway to compare with the T11. When I listened to the T20 I bought, it was very good.

For those who like the T20 type of sound, will find the T11 too warm and bassy. But it is also possible the pair you bought may not be working right.