Sign in to follow this  
razer

Line out on X-FI?

I'am currently using a creative X-FI sound card on my comp and have a Gilmore Lite amp with me. Is there anyway to select a line out for the sound card?

i might be completely wrong but I'll give it a shot. I think the mini output socket which you connect to the speakers is a line out.

so if you connect that to the lite with a mini-2RCA cable, that should be it. Not sure if it's a true line out though

i might be completely wrong but I'll give it a shot. I think the mini output socket which you connect to the speakers is a line out.

so if you connect that to the lite with a mini-2RCA cable, that should be it. Not sure if it's a true line out though

That's what I'am doing right now but i can somehow control the loudness of the music from my computer still... :blink:

That's what I'am doing right now but i can somehow control the loudness of the music from my computer still... :blink:

The behaviour is correct. Unlike things like iPods, PCDPs, the lineout levels of most sound cards are adjustable via the volume control. If you want to bypass all the Windows DirectX stuff, use a software like foobar with the kernal streaming plugin. This leaves only the "master" volume controllable.

Regards

CK

The behaviour is correct. Unlike things like iPods, PCDPs, the lineout levels of most sound cards are adjustable via the volume control. If you want to bypass all the Windows DirectX stuff, use a software like foobar with the kernal streaming plugin. This leaves only the "master" volume controllable.

Regards

CK

I'am using foobar and creative ASIO at the moment....