elno

Portable player with good FM sound quality

Hi,

Am scouting ard for a mp3 player which has good FM sound, I'm talking abt really nice sounding with bassy tones, assuming good reception.

coz my workplace has really good reception and i listen to radio 80% of the time.

have tried a few mp3 players, the mp3 playback is good, but when switch to radio, suddenly all the EQs switch off and the sound suckz again.

by far the old-school analog sony walkman radio sounds the best, surprisingly, as it comes with megabass. but it costs $49 ! which imho is too much.

Any recommendations?

theres very few mp3 players which can play stereo FM mode if

i am not wrong creative zen vision M got stereo FM

Dear xiao Catz

I am impressed with your collection of good headgears mainly Ceative Zen aurvana, Sony MDR-Ex81/51 LP, SR60 & Shure E2C/4C etc Can you comment on the sound different between SR60, Aurvana & Sony EX-81? what kind of music are you into?

Thanks

Marc

i am more to Jpop cpop and trance

well u can't really compare cans with iem, canalphones

actually compare between aurvana and ex81 i rather choose ex81

cause aurvana first u nd and amp to drive it second for that price range

i can get some balanced iems like um1/sf3 , E2c has more bass beat so its more suitable for gaming use which is y i am using it for my psp

as for sound diff sony Ex81 have alot of bass much more then E2c/sf 5 Eb in my opinion and i always need to eq it to get a better more balanced sound

as for aurvana i got it as a bdae present, i dun like its sound and due to its impedence i have to crank my volume to 60%+ and quite alot of treble and mid roll off which pissed me, i used it for 2~3 days and changed to sf3

Hi,

Am scouting ard for a mp3 player which has good FM sound, I'm talking abt really nice sounding with bassy tones, assuming good reception.

coz my workplace has really good reception and i listen to radio 80% of the time.

have tried a few mp3 players, the mp3 playback is good, but when switch to radio, suddenly all the EQs switch off and the sound suckz again.

by far the old-school analog sony walkman radio sounds the best, surprisingly, as it comes with megabass. but it costs $49 ! which imho is too much.

Any recommendations?

Sounds like what you need is a pair of 'phones that has the bass you want. It'll also eliminate your need to EQ your music.

Iriver's FM reception is one of the best I've heard so far. You might want to give it a try. MP3 playback with SRS really accentuates the music.

i can get some balanced iems like um1/sf3 , E2c has more bass beat so its more suitable for gaming use which is y i am using it for my psp

Dear Xiao_Catz

Appreciate your professional inputs of the various cans but after auditing the Creative EP635 & Senn PMX70 sports, i still prefers Headphone rather than in canal or earpiece. Found the PX100 very loose & lack weight in the mid while the PX200 completely cant make it on the bass extension even though i do like the mid & vocal. ES5 too forward tpo listen long, so far Grado SR60 sound the best so i wanna hear your comments on this can(sr60) that you owned? I listen mostly jazz, vocal & new age music plus chinese/canton pop as well. Why din you consider the sr80 since most said it's worth the 50 bucks more.

Marc

i dun listen to vocals and jazz so i dunno but i did listen to c pops

but the SR60 is totally balanced lor it has pretty good highs mids and not too much bass

actually SR 60 was the only headphone that i dun have a headache after listening, i got a sony MDR XD300 and creative NH-505 they give me a a huge headache after used

so thats y i am more into IEMs cause i am very sensative to headphones

as for y i dun choose SR80 cause that time my budget was really tight

so nv actually tried it be4 :sweat:

Edited by Xiao_Catz

Dear Xiao_Catz

Appreciate your professional inputs of the various cans but after auditing the Creative EP635 & Senn PMX70 sports, i still prefers Headphone rather than in canal or earpiece. Found the PX100 very loose & lack weight in the mid while the PX200 completely cant make it on the bass extension even though i do like the mid & vocal. ES5 too forward to listen long, so far Grado SR60 sound the best so i wanna hear your comments on this can(sr60) that you owned? I listen mostly jazz, vocal & new age music plus chinese/canton pop as well. Why din you consider the sr80 since most said it's worth the 50 bucks more.

Marc

lol u doubled posted

Iriver's FM reception is one of the best I've heard so far. You might want to give it a try. MP3 playback with SRS really accentuates the music.

thanks for your recommendation.

Was thiking along the lines of DAB portables...anyone has experience??