Evil Coffee

Regarding treble on UM1

If you can adjust your EQ by frequencies, you can try subtracting a few dB at 8~10kHz. I'm not entirely sure on this one, but play around a bit - that frequency range is commonly found on 5- or 6-band equalizers.

And I find the treble clarity of the UM1 to be quite suspect, but I guess it's one of the better options for its price point.

Edited by radioactive28

If i'm not wrong, the sharp 'S' happens on certain tracks only right? It might be due to the recording, as i too am a UM1 user, i definitely love its mids and highs but there's the occasional 'S' which hurts the ears.

wa. ive never experienced sibilance on my um1s. only on the crossroads one.

i think that um1 is quite a balanced iem actually. though the mids are at times overwhelming.

same to me its balanced as in SF3 too

but i think the treble is abit lacking for me

When i'm usin the grey soft flex the sibilance does happen on a few tracks, especially on words dat sounds like "cheese" the "S" will be quite sharp.

I also tried the short comply tips as recommended by Xiao Catz and it seems to muffle the treble by alot. Therefore i still prefer the clarity of the grey soft flex even tho certain tracks will be quite piecing to the ears.

like i said be4 u will get used to the treble and 'S' overtime so dun worry

clear flex is a good alternative also

Edited by Xiao_Catz