CHX

How's the MDR-EX90SL?

I'm using the Sony's MDR-E888LP - for years, though recently I came across the MDR-EX90SL in some of the SONY shops. Just wondering if anybody owns a pair of that and would like to know if it's any good? I know the previous ranges are plagued by poor manufacturing.

should it be time u upgrade to IEM rather then sticking to sony

The MDR-EX90SL IS a pair of IEM. Sony's new monitor series. Cost SG149 if I'm not wrong (top of the range model). Sold at local sony galleries. Strange it can't be found at the local sony web site.

I wonder why no one bought it yet. If I can remember its uses a magnetic driver like standard earphones (EXTREMLY large one, no kidding). But yet it is a IEM. So it may be able to counter the small sound stage problem in many IEM.

Cheers.

I have one from audiocube.

Common local one is the "LP" instead of "SP".

Sound improved alot as compared to the previous sony IEM.

As for me, it sounds better than UM1 in the high & bass.

Edited by max007007

sony ones is not IEM they are canalphones for your information :bash:

they won't isolate as much as IEM

If I am not wrong, these are rather highly regarded in all aspects other than isolation, hence, it should be considered an equal, rather than a poor sibling to IEMs of the price range, <$200.

Isolation is not the most important factor in portable hearing, although it is certainly nice to have some. I see no problem sticking to the Sonys (is there anything wrong with the brand?) instead of changing to "real" IEMs. After all, Sony did have some incredible headphones.

i agree with aaron, i am still waiting to try a pair of V6s, but cant find a pair.

actually, i like sony products, after all, their flash based DAP's have one of the best unamped SQ in my opinion.

hmm you might wanna take a look at other brands and makes. for $159, you can try stuff like UM1 DTX50 and the Mylarones, do go and try them out, you might find something u like better :))

I have the EX85LP, which has the same drivers as EX90LP/SL....and i LOVE IT!

Very well-balanced with good supporting bass and clear highs.

Nice, reasonable soundstage too, for earphones.

If I am not wrong, these are rather highly regarded in all aspects other than isolation, hence, it should be considered an equal, rather than a poor sibling to IEMs of the price range, <$200.

Truly agreed.

Thats why I still using it a my default earphones.