blitzkrieg

Recommend a noise cancellation headphone

I would venture this interpretation:

But I thought they are the same thing. Both have the same result - that you hear less ambient noise - right?

simple singlish/typos la friends...

Please see post #26 ....

I disagree that NC headphones are not meant for audiophile. In the aircraft enviornment a NC headphones give a wider dynamic headroom than any other headphones.

I travel often and I have owned at least 5 NC models.

To me, the best NC headphones is the Bose Quiet Comfort 2 if you are serious about sound. The newer and more expensive model Quiet Comfort 3 cannot make it, in my opinion, because of lack of treble. If you need something smaller, the Sennheiser PXC300 give good hi-Fi sound with limited bass. The cheaper PXC250 cannot make it either.

Sony...forget it.

I am toying with a Sony MDR-SA1000 at home now.....

(Audio)

What is your opinion of the ATH-ANC7s since you have had five ANC headphones. Was it one of them?

Sorry dude i type the thing in a rush. Haha will check the thing proper next time. Well at least u got the gist of it.

No problem dude ...

What is your opinion of the ATH-ANC7s since you have had five ANC headphones. Was it one of them?

I read in your signature that you are using an amp with the ATH-ANC7... Just wonder if this makes a different?

No problem dude ...

I read in your signature that you are using an amp with the ATH-ANC7... Just wonder if this makes a different?

The headphone is good enough to reveal differences going from these amps in this order:

iBasso T1

Headamp AE-1

Lavry DA10 headamp

ATH-HA5000

At each level the sound gets a bit better than before.

The headphone is good enough to reveal differences going from these amps in this order:

iBasso T1

Headamp AE-1

Lavry DA10 headamp

ATH-HA5000

At each level the sound gets a bit better than before.

Great! Thanks!

I recently got a Shure E5C. This is my first pair of headphone. I made the decision after reading this thread. I just came back from a trip, and sad to say, I think the noise cancellation isn't very good. I have to hold the plugs against my ear canal to completely block the noise. I may be using the wrong plug though. There are so many types inside the box. Which one to use? Obviously a newbie here... :blush:

I recently got a Shure E5C. This is my first pair of headphone. I made the decision after reading this thread. I just came back from a trip, and sad to say, I think the noise cancellation isn't very good. I have to hold the plugs against my ear canal to completely block the noise. I may be using the wrong plug though. There are so many types inside the box. Which one to use? Obviously a newbie here... :blush:

You need to try them out yourself because diff people find diff plug works differently... Just chose the ones that give good balance between seal and comfort...

Maybe you need to mod the tips. I have a problem with almost all the tips I have tried, including the biflanged tips. However by inserting foam into the silicone tips, I get a perfect seal which works so well at isolating sounds, I can't hear people snoring away in the same room. Even reduces jet engine noise significantly.

The mod is found in a link within this link: http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=7578

Regards

Edited by heady