Sign in to follow this  
earspeaker

i am blown away ~ AT ANC7

Hi ppl,

This noise cancelling headphone deserves :thumbup: !

[attachmentid=3769]

Ok, while on the way back from Chennai to Sin, there was tis guy that sat beside me was using an AT headphone. I had a chance to ask him wat was it and he told me it is a noise-cancelling headphone ANC7. While he took a lead, i had the opprtunity to try it.

Damn, tis close-back cans just blew me away. The ambience noise just disappear wen i turn on the noise-cancelling feature! :thumbup: I was especially amazed with the lows & hi-mid, it just hold-on so well.

Sound quality: 9/10

ease of use: 9/10

accessories 10/10 (c/w with a/c adaptor & pouch)

Hi: 8.5/10

Hi-mid: 9.5/10

lo-mid: 9/10

lo: 9.5/10 (movie sfx is awesome!)

price: 8/10 (cheaper than Bose Q2)

I have a Senn PX250, looks like i am going to sell it & get tis ANC7.

regards,

bt

post-2955-1174449342_thumb.jpg

I think you should audition it for a duration longer than it takes for a guy to take a leak :-) Although I have not listened to this particular model I would say that generally noise cancelling headphones are not as good as IEM plus look at the size of da thing. Reminds me of my Ultrasone HF-650 LOL or a Beyer DT-250.

I think you should audition it for a duration longer than it takes for a guy to take a leak :-) Although I have not listened to this particular model I would say that generally noise cancelling headphones are not as good as IEM plus look at the size of da thing. Reminds me of my Ultrasone HF-650 LOL or a Beyer DT-250.

The guy was kind enulf to let me try for a while. Anyway, i thot it was kind of "big" too, and someone may just take it away while u take a lead :cry: But the big cans :cans: cover the ears nicely & cut off noise effectively. Have to try longer hrs i agree. Cheers!

It surprises me as well. Much better than I thought it would be.

I know alot of people say that iems are far better than noise cancelling phones...but...

Last month when I was at the airport I tried the bose QC2s connected to a nano at a shop and I must say, it was pretty good! the more expensive and smaller QC3 is really complete rubbish though...

this one looks alot like the QC2. Does it also have to run on its own batteries? that's the most irritating thing for me really. My er4s is easier to drive...smaller...reason enough to go for the iem route when travelling if you ask me.

I know alot of people say that iems are far better than noise cancelling phones...but...

Last month when I was at the airport I tried the bose QC2s connected to a nano at a shop and I must say, it was pretty good! the more expensive and smaller QC3 is really complete rubbish though...

this one looks alot like the QC2. Does it also have to run on its own batteries? that's the most irritating thing for me really. My er4s is easier to drive...smaller...reason enough to go for the iem route when travelling if you ask me.

The ANC7 runs on a AAA battery and the battery life is amazing. The Audio Technica works with ( noise cancel on) or without ( noise cancel off) but the Bose battery has to be working all the time, once the battery goes off, your music goes off too.

ANC7 is good noise canceling headphone, only the size that I dont really like to bring it travelling, so mine is hardly used.

If you're looking for noise cancelling, yes it might be the best choice yet other than iems.

But if you're looking for a pair to listen nicely at home, there's a lot of choice out there.