Sign in to follow this  
Mr_X

Reccomendation for headphones

Hello all. This is my first post. Would like to know what headphones are reccomended if i like clarity, strong and tight bass, comfort. Budget from $80-$120SGD. If priced lower than that would be great. Also would be using outdoors.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mr_X

Get the AKG K-81DJ Monitoring Headphone. Where to get? Search the forum. there's a list of the price as well.....

Edited by warsurferX

Try the K81DJ before buying it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Buy something that would suit you. Another choice would be the Grado SR60, though I forgot the exact price. It it below SGD200 though.

Try the K81DJ before buying it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Buy something that would suit you. Another choice would be the Grado SR60, though I forgot the exact price. It it below SGD200 though.

Ermm... thought the OP was looking "clarity, strong and tight bass, comfort" and can be used outdoors. So I guess grado would be out since the sound will leak like nobody's business....

Well, u can always try the IEMs. Crossroads Mylarone's been getting good reviews. and it's cheap. less than 1/2 your budget.

Thanks alot people. I will ask me friend to lemme try the Grados.

Another qn is, what do u all think about these headphones,

HD497, ATH-F55.

Once, again, thank you all.

I've got the HD497. It's better than your regular earbuds, BUT for a little more you can get the grado SR60 which is a whole new league altogether. plus the HD497 are discontinued models. So.....

go down to jaben, and ask uncle wilson to help you dig for an ancient pair of audio technica pro6. really good, discovered it when i was digging around his shelves. its in your price range.

and to be honest, strong bass and clarity will compromise each other, for your budget, i havent found ANYTHING that has strong bass and good clarity for headphones. its always a compromise, strong bass, or good clarity. others may feel diffrently, its always your own ears to make the decision.

try IEMs as well. for outdoor use, headphones may be a tad bulky and uncomfortable.

note, the akg 81 has a REAL tight grip on your head, not a good idea if your ears are jutting out, they will clamp on your head like an engineer's vice. :rclxub:

Try also Koss models KSC75, Sportapro and portapro :thumbup: ... and also Sen PX100 and PX200 B)

second that KSC75, to my ears it has the clarity and tight bass, and you can get cheaper price at Amazon. :rolleyes: