Sign in to follow this  
blunt8918

ipod nano 2nd gen problems.....

Hi , i am currently using nano 2gen with mx550. Now, i am facing poor sound quality (distortion) compared to my previous mp3 player sony NW-E507. Is there any way to improve the sound quality? I am also looking for earphones or IEMs to go with it. Budget, 150bucks. Thank loads.

btw, tried all the EQs and none produces better result than the 'off' mode.

umm use line out through an amp may make it sound better. IEM wise maybe a um1,e2c and host of other option

thanks for the reply,

hmm, i am new to the amp thing but i have read through some of the topics. So if i were to have this kind of setup, what do u recommend??

Before you start adding components into the chain, what quality of MP3 files are you listening to? If bitrate/quality is the problem, an amp won't help you.

If that's not an issue, and you value portability, maybe getting better earphones or IEMs is the shortest (and cheapest) path.

For this, you should probably try out different earphones. Both Stereo Electronics and Jaben carry a wide range of equipment that you can listen to with your own MP3 player.

An amp may work magic in some cases, but improvements are usually not day-and-night. More often than not, people new to this hobby of 'listening' don't hear any difference, or the amp just makes the problem more apparent.

Personally, I find that the headphone out is a step improvement from the first generation. It's iPod, with it being so small, don't expect the internal amplification unit to be top-notch. After using a line-out to an external portable amp, I never looked back. But whether it is worth all the cost, it's up to you to decide.

Indeed. I own a ipod nano 2 before. U can search it somewhere in this forum where i describe the difference between an amp and unamped. Do note though i used a hornet M and a UM2 which is pretty high up on the audio line.

Entry IEM and high bitrate file is the best way to go for portable audio. Doesnt burn the pocket too much too.