Sign in to follow this  
Goondu

need HP amp?

Total newbie here when it comes to headphones.

If my amp doesn't have a headphone jack, how do I connect a headphone to it? Can I just get a handphone amp and connect it to one of my amp input like AUX? And then connect the HP to the HP amp?

Will that work?

If so, what would be a good set to start off with for a budget of $200-300? Don't mind second hand

Thanks

If you just have one source you might as well plug it in directly into the headphone amp's input (short signal path theory). However, if you still want to use your amp (assuming you have multiple sources - tape, TT, CDP tuner) Mat's suggestion is ok too, besides 'tape out' there might also be 'line out'.

Maybe u can use RCA to minijack/standard jack cable. direct out from your amp L and R output to your headphone? this might work also smile.gif

In most cases it will not work. Normally there is not enough power from the line-out to drive headphones directly.

oh...then i would prefer mat's way or direct out from CDP to headamp then to the headphone?

Maybe u can use RCA to minijack/standard jack cable. direct out from your amp L and R output to your headphone? this might work also smile.gif

do this only if you have a 300 ohm or above headphone. It still doesn't sound as good as a basic op-amp headphone amp like a "Cmoy". Been there done that.