Sign in to follow this  
UglyJoe

Maxed out CMOY2

Does anybody happen to have a BOM for a CMOY2 with "nicer" parts than the suggest ones? I'd like to make a really nice one to use as a permanent portable amp, but I don't know enough about electronics to differentiate between ok and better parts or to tell which ones are really compatible with the cmoy2 board.

Thanks guys.

Does anybody happen to have a BOM for a CMOY2 with "nicer" parts than the suggest ones? I'd like to make a really nice one to use as a permanent portable amp, but I don't know enough about electronics to differentiate between ok and better parts or to tell which ones are really compatible with the cmoy2 board.

Thanks guys.

Hi. Probably the easiest parts of the CMOY2 to tweak will be the opamps and the power capacitors. Opamps are plenty out there and there's even a killer thread by bpribadi about the flavours of opamps in this forum (http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2628). I recently heard LM4562 and they were quite good too but I don't know where to buy them.

As for the capacitors, there isn't many 1000uF caps out there which will fit on the pcb. One which I recently used on the CMOY2 was the Panasonic FC series 1000uF 16V. This series is very well received by the DIY community although not considered a "boutique" (meaning expensive) brand. You can get get them from Koba or order from Farnell.

HTH.

Edited by heady

Hi. Probably the easiest parts of the CMOY2 to tweak will be the opamps and the power capacitors. Opamps are plenty out there and there's even a killer thread by bpribadi about the flavours of opamps in this forum (http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?showtopic=2628). I recently heard LM4562 and they were quite good too but I don't know where to buy them.

As for the capacitors, there isn't many 1000uF caps out there which will fit on the pcb. One which I recently used on the CMOY2 was the Panasonic FC series 1000uF 16V. This series is very well received by the DIY community although not considered a "boutique" (meaning expensive) brand. You can get get them from Koba or order from Farnell.

HTH.

Currently LM4562 is only available as free samples from National Semiconductor. You can do a sample request on their web site (but don't abuse it :P).

Regards

CK

Hey zero061zer0,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the CMOY2. Good sounds from the LM4562. The caps run in already?