Sign in to follow this  
Fire_jk18

Interconnects

you mean a mini to mini interconnect? or RCA?

if mini-mini i suggest you just go down to stereo electronics and jaben and try for yourself what they have to offer. Both shops have their own in-house line (ultimate link in SE, for example).

Yup. You'll definitely need to try them out. Used to think that cables are just... well.. cables.

Boy, did my impression change. If possible, do bring your gears down too when you try. :)

I have seen and tested jaben's range. But the stero electronics i havent gone down yet. Ya i meant the mini interconnect between me amp and my zen. I saw the classified and the others like got silver ultimate range and so many others. haha so confusing. I prefer a balance cable like the grey phoenix and the mamba one at jaben. I wish to know which ones at stero can match if now better those 2. Haha any info?

I have seen and tested jaben's range. But the stero electronics i havent gone down yet. Ya i meant the mini interconnect between me amp and my zen. I saw the classified and the others like got silver ultimate range and so many others. haha so confusing. I prefer a balance cable like the grey phoenix and the mamba one at jaben. I wish to know which ones at stero can match if now better those 2. Haha any info?

The SE's series have cyro treated silver cables, which are supposed to sound better because of some-electron alignment theory.

I have heard them before, but did not find them fantastic. Stuck with the one I made in the end.

p.s. They are not cheap.

Hey ppl im looking for an interconnect to buy any sugestions like the range of ultimate link. Or something?

Try this :

http://signalcable.com/silvermini.html

They can customize the length and termination can be done in normal neutrik mini or right angled neutrik mini.

I just got 1 and currently running it in ...

Thx hnx676 for the link. Erh they look like from the states. OMG than the prics is in US$ and still need shipping and insurance. Haha is there a spore shop?

Thx hnx676 for the link. Erh they look like from the states. OMG than the prics is in US$ and still need shipping and insurance. Haha is there a spore shop?

Yes. They are from states. I usually order and they can shipped it over. They are selling direct so no shop, which is why they can offer the cable with this quality at this price. Overall I have many of their product and have been pretty satisfied with them.

Overall, they are slightly cheaper then the Ultimate Link with similar type of sound characteristic. I haven't had a chance to do detail comparison yet ...

Thx hnx676. But seriously they are too expensive. They are like easily S$200. I will just have to look for cheaper alternatives.

Thx hnx676. But seriously they are too expensive. They are like easily S$200. I will just have to look for cheaper alternatives.

s$200 ? Nuh ... The signalcable silver reference mini is about US$50. However if you add in the shipment to SG it should probably still cost less then S$100. Which is about the same price as The Ultimate Link.

If you think this is expensive, wait until you find out the price of Crystal Cable Piccolo Ipod cable :shocking:

Edited by hnx676

You can't go wrong with Grover (Huffman). Google it to find out more.

Well i when on to try and make me own ones. haha i when i get a 501 silver hybrid which cosyt like $1.70 per cm. Never in me life i have thought i will buy such a "wire" ,so ex. Haha i quite happy with that cable is i believe much better than the silver referance. Its not as bright and its cleaner signals.

Well i when on to try and make me own ones. haha i when i get a 501 silver hybrid which cosyt like $1.70 per cm. Never in me life i have thought i will buy such a "wire" ,so ex. Haha i quite happy with that cable is i believe much better than the silver referance. Its not as bright and its cleaner signals.

Did you do a AB comparison with the signal cable silver reference mini? What's your source, amplification and headphone used in the comparison?

Please excused my ignorance as I have never heard of 501 silver hybrid before... Is it the Van den Hul: D - 501 SILVER HYBRID? Where did you get it from?

The cost of the cable seems to be comparable but what type of connector are you using? Did you DIY the termination or the shop did it for you??

Sorry for the series of ?????? But I am always on the look out of better cable...

Edited by hnx676

Did you do a AB comparison with the signal cable silver reference mini? What's your source, amplification and headphone used in the comparison?

Please excused my ignorance as I have never heard of 501 silver hybrid before... Is it the Van den Hul: D - 501 SILVER HYBRID? Where did you get it from?

The cost of the cable seems to be comparable but what type of connector are you using? Did you DIY the termination or the shop did it for you??

Sorry for the series of ?????? But I am always on the look out of better cable...

Yes i did a comparison with a zen M with line out, RSA hornet and senn 580. Yup its the van den hui one. I use the nutrix( i forgot how to spell) connectors as the swiss craft and cardas ones i felt were too big to use as a portable( My pouch is not as big lo). Haha i got the shop do for me as the L jacks are dam hard to soulder properly. Plus the cable is quite ex so i dun want to make any mistakes.

Yes i did a comparison with a zen M with line out, RSA hornet and senn 580. Yup its the van den hui one. I use the nutrix( i forgot how to spell) connectors as the swiss craft and cardas ones i felt were too big to use as a portable( My pouch is not as big lo). Haha i got the shop do for me as the L jacks are dam hard to soulder properly. Plus the cable is quite ex so i dun want to make any mistakes.

What cable did you compared with the VDH with? Did you compared it with the signalcable?

Are you using any form of lossless material? MP3 will probably not good enough to tell difference between the cables ...