Sign in to follow this  
k3vlar

advice on IEM and Aurvana

Instead of burning in why not just use it normally and see how it goes? That way you get to enjoy the music more.

You have a good point there. Instant gratification?

Listening to an OEM pair of EP630s burn in was one of the more interesting transitions that I've actually heard.

Hearing the shrill treble tame, the nice light bass bloating and the vocals coming forward over the period of a week :lol:

On the other hand, the only 'burn-in' I've heard on my e4c is when I switch between treble-boost and none every other month.

It goes like: (boost) too bright -> just nice -> (no boost) too bassy -> just nice -> (boost) too bright -> ...

Edited by radioactive28

i see.. in that case after reading i will just listen to it normallly

and after a week i will see whether i prefer my old ksc75 or not ^_^

...$80, is enough for a pair of Mylar3 and UE biflanges, which i believe top the aurvana...

i have mylar3 but not UE biflanges. does the biflanges really improve Mylar# performance? or only in term of comfort? isolation?

the biflanges usually give better seal, improve the isolation thus give some edge on SQ. However, some people, like me, feel that it's not very comfortable ...

ok.. as its "burned in " it sounds a little better..

however is it strange if i prefer the sound of my KSC75? the bass sounds much better in that..

ok.. as its "burned in " it sounds a little better..

however is it strange if i prefer the sound of my KSC75? the bass sounds much better in that..

It's not strange if you prefer your KSC75. Everyone has their own preference in sound...

the bi-flanges fit me perfectly, and therefore i feel very comfortagle with them. the seal gives better bass and greater isolation for me.

not strange to hear that you like your KSC75 better than your aurvana, there is this dude in head-fi who said that he was so satisfied with his KSC75, he didnt go search for any other headphones or IEMs after that! :))

Haha when u burn in just make sure that u are not caught by any other family members. I was caught so many times by my mum and she was like nagging that i "forgot" to switch off me player. Actually i was burning my Marantz and Sennheiser HD580. And i left it on for like 5 straight days! Imagine the amount of of electricity used!